Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

I received a $50 voucher that covers several smaller cinema chains but none of them are close to where I live or work. 

I’m staying at my brother’s for a few days so I decided I’d use it to see Endgame again. I tried to book online but it turns out it’s like an EFTPOS card and can’t be used online. 

So so now I have to leave early to get a good seat. It’s then I notice there’s a single Captain Marvel session at 9:15am and an Endgame session at 12:20pm. 

Silver lining people.  Looks like double feature is on the menu. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I mean there s the word of mouth of course but there s also :

" MOVIE EVENT OF THE DECADE, THE END OF AN 11 YEAR JOURNEY".

The movie s unique nature is its biggest selling point to GA.

The decent reviews surely help  a little too.

I remembered in Fall 2014 when they announced the Phase 3 line-up.

Remember when Inhumans was gonna be a movie? Or when Black Panther was supposed to come out in 2017, and Captain Marvel in 2018? Or when these movies were actually Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2? I do.

Time flies, my friends.

• Like 1

Even Variety is on board the 300m train now - https://variety.com/2019/film/news/avengers-endgame-box-office-opening-weekend-1203198950/

With one estimate saying 315 range could be possible according to Variety. 

I know that Deadlines 315-330 or even more has us all freaking out but lets temper it a bit. Let’s not get it so out of hand that even 300m looks disappointing in comparison. It is after all Friday mid day only. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

You had a great chain then, working as an usher at AMC was horrible on any weekend.

Yeah we would usually have all hands on deck for giant openers. Management would typically blackout event weekends like this for time off requests so everyone worked. Like TFA was a breeze because we were so staffed, but earlier that year JW destroyed us. TFA had higher attendance but our staffing was so much better that weekend it didn’t feel busy in comparison.

Would be a bit funny if the film Age Of Ultron'ed it and only did 291 at this point.

But we've gotten to the point where TWO NINETY FUCKING ONE would be a disappointing number. TWO. NINETY. ONE. OPENING WEEKEND. would be a disappointing prospect. Jesus.

@RtheEnd HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS INSANITY

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

ughhh, was all set and ready to go for the movie and then I start to feel sick when I sit down for the movie.  feel like I’m gonna throw up.  got a refund and I’m gonna come back tomorrow hopefully.

Hope that you feel better soon.

• Like 1