Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

What points to a weekend multiplier just barely over 2x?? 

At least $148m Friday, and people are still questioning $300m?? This lowballing expectations is just getting obvious now 

Infinity War’s weekend multiplier was 2.42x

It has more chance doing $330m+ as it does $300m, IMO. 

Devil’s advocate. I meant that more in the sense that I’m floored that with Rth’s early estimates even the pessimistic end of the spectrum is still over $300M.

It’s astonishing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Giys, something strange happened. I think I crossed into alternate universe for a second. I saw title that said 315-330M possible and now title says 300M still alive. What happened? 

It's a joke title. The title literally says that the Friday is targeting O/U 150M, meaning true Friday is 90 fucking million. Even if it drops down to the exact same numbers that Infinity War posed on Saturday and Sunday (which it likely won't, since that would mean the movie is pretty frontloaded, and so far it is showing a far stronger preview-to-true Friday gross multiplier than TFA and even TLJ), it still hits 300M. (Well, at the low end, it hits 299.3, which would be quite the eye-twitcher, but still.)

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

This will be the greatest weekend in the history of BOT.

It’s been a pleasure serving with you all :) 

we are part of the history! we helped make it happen and believed in over 300M OW ever since the first teaser or ealrier! :bravo:

Also, let's say weekend is 310. What does that mean for dailies going into the week?

35/35/25/26? 430 going into week 2? And then a 160M second weekend... almost 600 after 10 days holy shit.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

No film that's opened over 200M has had a multi worse than 2.6

I understand historical precedents aren't everything but 330 could put 850+ on the table. 

The MCU has come a long way since 2008. Jesus it’s crazy.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Also, let's say weekend is 310. What does that mean for dailies going into the week?

35/35/25/26? 430 going into week 2? And then a 160M second weekend... almost 600 after 10 days holy shit.

I’d be curious to see how it does in its third weekend with competition from Detective Pikachu. I think we could see a Jurassic World/Inside Out type weekend 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

No film that's opened over 200M has had a multi worse than 2.6

I understand historical precedents aren't everything but 330 could put 850+ on the table. 

Over TFA please! 850M+ is close to 936M. Go for broke. 

$150M Friday didn't guarantee $300M in the abstract, but the breakdown we see does...a break of $75M Thurs/$75M Fri would have put in doubt how frontloaded it is...

But $60M/$90M (and higher if the numbers are as posted), it's locked...

Edited by TwoMisfits