Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I’d be curious to see how it does in its third weekend with competition from Detective Pikachu. I think we could see a Jurassic World/Inside Out type weekend 

Pikachu hasn't been picking up steam like I thought it might. Maybe it's just cause Endgame is sucking out all the hype for now, but I'm dialing my predictions a bit back and going 60/175

It’s stayed roughly flat over 3 days in Australia with 3 of the 4 highest single days of all time. The top 3 if you exclude TFA’s midnights. 

Australia is the most mature market possible. 

Food for thought. 

• Like 4
  • Astonished 2
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

$150M Friday didn't guarantee $300M in the abstract, but the breakdown we see does...a break of $75M Thurs/$75M Fri would have put in doubt how frontloaded it is...

But $60M/$90M (and higher if the numbers are as posted), it's locked...

This is a marvel movie not a hp one

A suprisingly "slow" movie (at least in the first half) but a very good movie nonetheless. I did my part and suffered through the dangers that comes from a popcornmunching, blabbering, non-stop talking modern cinema audience. I left the show so dizzied, that - I shit you not - at first I did not twig that I took a right toward the counters instead for a left towards the exits. Funny how the subconscious works sometimes. So while I was already there, I decided to get in line for a back-to-back second round, with little to no hope in getting a ticket. Lucky me, today was the second time in my life where I managed to pull off such a b2b madness (first one was a while ago with a silly little movie named Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in play).

I am still not able to decide if I like this movie better than Infinity War, but in the end, these are two different movies in terms of tone, pacing, narration  and characterisation to me, while sharing the same main story and characters. Maybe they're not cut out to be compared against each other. Maybe I'm not cut out to do so. But hearing how other parts of the audience talked about this on their ways home, I don't seem to be the only one who thinks that way. Ah, well, I'll guess I'll try again next weekend.

Since 300 mil. "Domestic" seems locked this weekend, the thrilling question is, can (and will) this juggernaut hit 1 bil. WW this weekend? Ah, sometimes it's still great to live in this day and age.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

I'm trying to stay conservative from couple hours ago 148-153m

It's mental

I tried to be in morning, thinking that may be its even more frontloaded than TFA but gosh this movie is doing some business.

Good to get confirmation from you, was seeming lonely at 90mn Friday.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Andreas said:

$100M SATURDAY IS HAPPENING!!! 

maybe not, It could be very flat Friday to Sat.

I believe there is so much demand that Friday is acting liking a Saturday in that the daytme showings were sold out or at least heavily sold through. Usually Sat gets it advantage over Friday due to Friday daytime being weaker, but I could see that not happening as much here. Still see some boost, just don't try and apply the usual fri-sat boost %

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I tried to be in morning, thinking that may be its even more frontloaded than TFA but gosh this movie is doing some business.

Good to get confirmation from you, was seeming lonely at 90mn Friday.

if what RTH is saying your very early take was very accurate. Good job. if it lands in the middle that is 150, subtract 60 for previews and that gets us the 90 mil top end you called.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

Since 300 mil. "Domestic" seems locked this weekend, the thrilling question is, can (and will) this juggernaut hit 1 bil. WW this weekend? Ah, sometimes it's still great to live in this day and age.

$1bn WW OW is locked since yesterday or so. Even $1.1bn is pretty much done now. We have to see if this can do $1.2bn :)

(I personally think that right now this might get closers to $1.3bn than $1.2bn)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Um, did you guys see this nugget from Deadline’s report????  It’s impossible, right???

“Industry estimates are already calling Endgame at the highest single day and opening day record of all-time with $140M-$150M. Estimates earlier this morning indicate a weekend take between $315M-$330M. Infinity War had a Saturday decline of 23% or $82.1M and box office analysts believe a similar ease will occur tomorrow

So.... 150 * 0.77 = 115.5

This can’t be right...

Let’s do a 27% drop

150 * 0.73 = 109.5

So a similar ease brings us to roughly a 110+ Saturday?????  😵

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-fastest-film-to-hit-100m-box-office-1202601937/

• Like 2
  • Astonished 4
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Birdo Mandingo said:

maybe not, It could be very flat Friday to Sat.

I believe there is so much demand that Friday is acting liking a Saturday in that the daytme showings were sold out or at least heavily sold through. Usually Sat gets it advantage over Friday due to Friday daytime being weaker, but I could see that not happening as much here. Still see some boost, just don't try and apply the usual fri-sat boost %

Wed-Thu-Fri all essentially flat here (Australia) for AEG - Wednesday was an OD record btw. I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday is just as big. 

This is not behaving like a typical film. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

I thought your best prediction was for JW when even the days leading up to it most people didn't even think the opening would top 100m.

I thought it'd go over 100. >> <<