Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Pikachu hasn't been picking up steam like I thought it might. Maybe it's just cause Endgame is sucking out all the hype for now, but I'm dialing my predictions a bit back and going 60/175

$60m would be pretty impressive, enough to start a franchise, I’m thinking slightly higher at $70-75m, it could be a very tight race for number 1

17 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

Crazy. The trailer gave away nothing, had no money shots, and yet, here we are.

This is dead on. 

The less you show, the more people are rabid to come to the show. 

I didn’t watch the final Endgame trailer until after I saw the movie for fear of any kind of spoiler. There was literally nothing in it. Bravo Disney. 

People like surprises and the discovery of wonders when watching the actual film. 

TFA kind of did this too with its marketing. Endgame took it to the next level of showing next to nothing. Great stuff. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I’d be curious to see how it does in its third weekend with competition from Detective Pikachu. I think we could see a Jurassic World/Inside Out type weekend 

I love those kinds of weekends, probably in part because they’re so rare.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robertron said:

Wed-Thu-Fri all essentially flat here (Australia) for AEG - Wednesday was an OD record btw. I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday is just as big. 

This is not behaving like a typical film. 

lol wtf so it basically broke OD records on second and third days too.. lmao what

• Astonished 1

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MOVIE EVEN

Btw just came back from seeing it and had a blast scrolling through all these pages.

And yes Endgame is a great movie.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 3

5 minutes ago, MJL said:

Um, did you guys see this nugget from Deadline’s report????  It’s impossible, right???

“Industry estimates are already calling Endgame at the highest single day and opening day record of all-time with $140M-$150M. Estimates earlier this morning indicate a weekend take between $315M-$330M. Infinity War had a Saturday decline of 23% or $82.1M and box office analysts believe a similar ease will occur tomorrow

So.... 150 * 0.77 = 115.5

This can’t be right...

Let’s do a 27% drop

150 * 0.73 = 109.5

So a similar ease brings us to roughly a 110+ Saturday?????  😵

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-fastest-film-to-hit-100m-box-office-1202601937/

That's not right way to do it. Better way is to consider jump from pure Friday. IW jumped 20% plus or around $14mn. Since Friday is 90mn, 20% is perhaps too much. I can think of 14mn absolute increase. But considering this film, you never know.

• Like 2

Just now, Robertron said:

$153m as an OD is nuts. 

$153m as an OW is still the 18th highest of all time. 

What. Is. Happening. 

I guess Australian box office was an indication of how insane DOM gross would be. 

39 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

I'm trying to stay conservative from couple hours ago 148-153m

It's mental

If this does 95 proper Friday or even more, I swear, everything any so called "analyst" thought they knew about box office was wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Another way to put this opening in perspective.

Everyone remembers how crazy American Sniper's run was. God-like, in almost every way. Endgame is going to eclipse that movie's entire run in 4 days max. Another way to say it is Endgame is going to make more $ in 3-4 days than any movie in the calendar year of 2014.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2