Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

If it has IW legs, yes. 

Infinity War had a multi of approximately 2.38 worldwide (including China and Russia). If Endgame opens to 1250 as per my calculations (plus about 30m from Russia) and it has the same worldwide multi as IW then it will cross 3 billion. If we go by Charlie's number (1280+Russia) which is even higher than mine then it will open above 3.1b.

Suffice to say that is not happening lol

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Infinity War had a multi of approximately 2.38 worldwide (including China and Russia). If Endgame opens to 1250 as per my calculations (plus about 30m from Russia) and it has the same worldwide multi as IW then it will cross 3 billion. If we go by Charlie's number (1280+Russia) which is even higher than mine then it will open above 3.1b.

My dear, this is Endgame we're talking about. Throw logic out the window here.

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

There was me thinking a few weeks back that Lion King had a shot at the domestic summer crown.   Nope! 

Poor Lion King will have to settle for second place. 

I hope that Endgame has a positive effect on the rest of the month, maybe even rest of the summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

My dear, this is Endgame we're talking about. Throw logic out the window here.

You would really doubt it's possible at this point? Not saying it's happening, but doubting it with what we're seeing seems....

Foolish ;) 

AMC Empire 25 in NYC is starting to sell out it's post midnight seats pretty briskly now for tonight. They have shows right up until 5:30. 

Insanely, these showtimes are the walk-ups that are going to push this thing higher. Who would have thought!!

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

You would really doubt it's possible at this point? Not saying it's happening, but doubting it with what we're seeing seems....

Foolish ;) 

You are at a complete different point from last year. You were predicting $1.8b fo this 

This opening bodes really well for Spidey: FFH.  The first MCU film set after Endgame’s events - has to give it a bump. I know there’s a ton of major competition around it when it opens, but man that July 4th weekend slot is looking like some big $$$ for Sony

At my local theater in Brighton, MI remaining ENDGAME showtimes

8:20  -  SOLD OUT

9:00  -  SOLD OUT

9:30  -  10 seats left (out of 208)

9:55  -  6 seats left (out of 86)

10:10 -  SOLD OUT

10:30  -  19 seats left  (out of 208)

11:00  -  9 seats left  (out of 156)

11:05  -  6 seats left  (out of 60)

11:10  -  40 seats sold (out of 155)

11:20  - 50 seats sold  (out of 155)

8:40 3D  - 7 seats left  (out of 85)

Any walk up business will be settling for those last 2 show times...

• Like 4

Below are some projections for Endgame's Dom OW based on other SH movies (based on 148m OD assumption)

Endgame’s OW with same preview to OW multi

Endgame’s OW with same OD to OW multi

Suicide Squad

Age of Ultron

Civil War

Black Panther

Captain Marvel

Justice League

Batman v Superman

Ant Man 2

Deadpool 2

Infinity War

The Dark Knight Rises

As you can see, Endgame does not miss 300m in any of these scenarios. Even if it is as frontloaded as BvS was it will still cross 300. 

Endgame's preview to OD multi was 2.47 which is the closest to TDKR at 2.48. Even Infinity War had a better multi at 2.73. Regardless if it follows TDKR's OD to OW multi it will still make over 300m.

So Endgame would have to be the most frontloaded SH movie in recent history to fall below 300m. It could happen but right now 300m seems very likely

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It feels odd to say, but Avatar record seems more in danger than TFA.

10 years. Well done Avatar. Now its time for new sun to rise.

It would be so sweet

From just before AIW opened -

“I’m hoping we’ll start getting ‘Avenger’ fatigue here pretty soon,” Cameron said. “Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Cineplex site been down for 3 hours.

Lol

I was able to get my tickets again for tomorrow, but it took 20 minutes of loading and waiting and that was on the mobile app, so I imagine it being worse online

Avatar came closer to 3B than 2B. so 3B is possible for EG. 

It's just the way it is. when it becomes possible to physically cross the mark, the right movie does it. this is the right movie.

Edited by Valonqar