Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

India ₹65cr ($9.5mn) GROSS Day One is what I am getting. Waiting for actuals. +60% Infinity War +300% the number 3 Furious 7. Avengers Engame .

India pure OD (excluding Midnight) is 4th highest after

USA

China

UK (could top that even)

India

Mexico

In term of admissions

China (10.5mn)

USA (~9mn)

India (3.4mn admits Approx)

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 6
  • Astonished 3

11 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Avengers: Infinity War - 10,287,628

The Avengers - 8,820,927

Avengers: Endgame - 7,500,000+

Black Panther - 7,271,741

Thor: Ragnarok - 7,068,625

Avengers: Age of Ultron - 6,887,949

Iron Man 3 - 6,731,701

Captain Marvel - 6,522,038+

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - 5,383,444

Captain America: Civil War - 4,873,199

Guardians of the Galaxy - 4,560,891

Iron Man 2 - 3,920,504

Spider-Man: Homecoming - 3,693,176

Iron Man - 3,512,315

Thor: The Dark World - 3,419,842

Doctor Strange - 3,238,032

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 3,209,525

Ant-Man and the Wasp - 3,005,767

Ant-Man - 2,813,920

Thor - 2,327,826

Captain America: The First Avenger - 1,728,139

The Incredible Hulk - 1,153,068

This is where the MCU stands. Worth noting that I am being very conservative with that Endgame guess. With the way things are going, a 5-day total of 8m is probably where I'd place my chips (which is absolutely nuts, by the way). That'd be a 4-day of ~6.2m, a full 1.7m above TFA's current record. 

My contribution to the numbers. This thing is pretty much just a perfect storm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just got out of the theater from Endgame. Loved it. By the end I was in tears, having followed this saga since the very beginning, seeing it progress as much as it did was fantastic. All of the heroes and their arcs were well-done, and I enjoyed the comedic bits with The Hulk so much. The movie was three hours long, but it never felt too overlong for its own good. Just stupendous all-around. 

• Like 10

I think the craziest thing about this opening is that the biggest weekend ever grossed $314 Million (all movies combined) and we already have one movie that's going to do well over that. Is it too early to start placing beats on when the new opening record is going to go down? I doubt Avatar 2, 3, etc. will do it. Might not be until 2030 when we see it happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Just got out of the theater from Endgame. Loved it. By the end I was in tears, having followed this saga since the very beginning, seeing it progress as much as it did was fantastic. All of the heroes and their arcs were well-done, and I enjoyed the comedic bits with The Hulk so much. The movie was three hours long, but it never felt too overlong for its own good. Just stupendous all-around. 

I came out loving it but also wanting to see what happen next for the next of films. 

8 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

I think the craziest thing about this opening is that the biggest weekend ever grossed $314 Million (all movies combined) and we already have one movie that's going to do well over that. Is it too early to start placing beats on when the new opening record is going to go down? I doubt Avatar 2, 3, etc. will do it. Might not be until 2030 when we see it happen. 

There is currently nothing huge that will be culminating anytime soon or any huge dormant franchise that could generate so much buzz by coming back. I guess there’s always Potter 8, but that franchise has always had such a definitive ceiling. Think it will have to be the culmination of a new franchise that hasn’t hit yet or probably the next big MCU culmination. Which would easily be another decade. And also hard to say with much certainty that this next era would even be nearly as popular.  

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I came out loving it but also wanting to see what happen next for the next of films. 

Oh definitely, especially with Spider-Man and Black Panther. The film made me appreciate the MCU a whole lot more, and reminded me why love I the universe so much. Remarkable, it deserves every cent and record it's breaking. 

• Like 2

You know Infinity War is the fastest movie to 1 billion dollar doing it in 11 days.

Well if my numbers that I posted a few pages back pan out and if Endgame has the same drop as Infinity War worldwide next week then.....

Endgame will do 2 billion dollars in 11 days!

:ohmygod:

• Like 4
  • Astonished 9
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

i'll see it next weekend

no fucking way i'm dealing with all that traffic/people/lines in the theater

I'm looking at the possibility that I won't be able to see the film until 3rd weekend. My wife and I have agreed to go together, and we have no sitter this weekend plus Sunday is her birthday. Next Sunday is my birthday and with my mom still out of town and our oldest with her mother, it is not looking good that we'll make it for second weekend.

Needless to say my internet usage will be very limited for the next two weeks, and that includes online games. I had Han's death spoiled for me by some troll while I was in game (CS:GO).

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think the Black Widow solo movie is the next official MCU film (the Spidey films are sort of semi official MCU films)

with the Eteranals next in line.

And I suspect within the next few months we will get the first announcemnts about the Emigrants from Fox, I suspect the Fantastic Four. They can be brought into the MCU pretty easily; the X men are going to be harder.

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Oh definitely, especially with Spider-Man and Black Panther. The film made me appreciate the MCU a whole lot more, and reminded me why love I the universe so much. Remarkable, it deserves every cent and record it's breaking. 

The next stage of the MCU will be interesting to see especially with the introduction of not only new characters but also X-Men and Fantastic Four but I don't expect them for 5-6 years.

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

There is currently nothing huge that will be culminating anytime soon or any huge dormant franchise that could generate so much buzz by coming back. I guess there’s always Potter 8, but that franchise has always had such a definitive ceiling. Think it will have to be the culmination of a new franchise that hasn’t hit yet or probably the next big MCU culmination. Which would easily be another decade. And also hard to say with much certainty that this next era would even be nearly as popular.  

Could be as soon as 2024 or 2025 in my mind. 

Avatar 2 will not do it. But if let’s say Avatar 2 and 3 deliver the goods, I don’t think it’s off the table for Avatar 4 or 5. Especially if the narrative arc builds and culminates (versus being four standalone stories in the Avatar world).

Unlikely? Definitely. Impossible? I don’t think so. 

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Potter's other issue is the play. It's technically an official sequel and broke all sorts of west end/broadway records already. Is there really going to be as much demand for a sequel when that's been done in another medium already?

:drool: Ok so went to bed here. At least 43m previews. Wake up to 60m POV, ~150m OD and  that’s conservative according to our local god.  Woah boy.  Just insane. 

Historic weekend.  I mean the indications especially after the AU performance so far. (29m AUD in 3 days and early sat pacing DOUBLE IW sat putting anotting another 10m on the table. )

my guess is now for a 330m-350m (floor is 300m now i believe) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Come on, Kevin, finally give us a GOOD Fantastic Four movie.