Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The next stage of the MCU will be interesting to see especially with the introduction of not only new characters but also X-Men and Fantastic Four but I don't expect them for 5-6 years.

X men, yeah, it will be a while but I suspect the Fantastic Four will happen a lot sooner. Their coming into the MCU would b e pretty simple.

And, of course. there is Deadpool..........

I also wonder if maybe Daredevil might move from TV to the films...

I know we said the same thing when TFA came out but I'm certain that nothing will touch this OW for at least a decade.  When TFA came out, you still had MCU going strong.  But now that both SW and MCU phase 1 are through, and with some of the cast presumably not coming back (many of them have said publicly that they will not play the character again) there's nothing in this scale that can come anywhere close to challenging this kind of crazy number.  The OW of 330-350 is just too much to comprehend.  So I feel safe and confident in saying that it will take at least a decade before anything of this magnitude is seen again.

• Like 16

Just now, dudalb said:

X men, yeah, it will be a while but I suspect the Fantastic Four will happen a lot sooner. Their coming into the MCU would b e pretty simple.

And, of course. there is Deadpool..........

I also wonder if maybe Daredevil might move from TV to the films...

How they going to explain Deadpool, I do not know but I'm sure he'll break the fourth wall. 

If Avatar somehow hits the zeitgeist again, then I guess you can't rule out the third and fourth films having a shot at the OW record.  I doubt it but at this point that's the only slight possibility at this point.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The next stage of the MCU will be interesting to see especially with the introduction of not only new characters but also X-Men and Fantastic Four but I don't expect them for 5-6 years.

Out of upvotes, but I agree. 

I'm more curious to see how they integrate The Fantastic Four. I'm assuming an actual film is out of limits for the time being, but instead they'll be introduced as supporting characters first, which would make sense. 

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

I know we said the same thing when TFA came out but I'm certain that nothing will touch this OW for at least a decade.  When TFA came out, you still had MCU going strong.  But now that both SW and MCU phase 1 are through, and with some of the cast presumably not coming back (many of them have said publicly that they will not play the character again) there's nothing in this scale that can come anywhere close to challenging this kind of crazy number.  The OW of 330-350 is just too much to comprehend.  So I feel safe and confident in saying that it will take at least a decade before anything of this magnitude is seen again.

Well, you never know. This time ten years ago there were only two MCU movies and I don't think anyone back then would expect it to become what it is now.

The next big thing could be just coming over the horizon now.

57 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

This opening bodes really well for Spidey: FFH.  The first MCU film set after Endgame’s events - has to give it a bump. I know there’s a ton of major competition around it when it opens, but man that July 4th weekend slot is looking like some big $$$ for Sony

Yeah true. I originally thought it increase similarly to something like AMATW or TDW, there just didn't seem to be much to suggest it would have a crazy increase, but now with this and Captain Marvel going $400M+ I can definitely see Spiderman doing the same. In fact I'd almost be surprised if it didn't.

They really are on fire right now. I thought after Age of Ultron and Civil War they'd hit their peak in 2012 and nothing would ever top Avengers. Like when they started promoting Infinity War I seriously thought "Yeah more characters, so what?" I maybe even posted to that effect here, idk. Then 2018 comes around and I'm proven completely wrong. And now here we are. What a ride. I have no idea where they go from here but I know they're not slowing down any time soon.

Edited by MOVIEGUY

This weekend kind of feels like the end. The end of cinema as we know it. Ending with a big bang, never to be reached again. The end of source material connecting millions of people.

From here on, there's no source material left to be made into a movie of this scale. Material, that broight us together. From here on, individualism will succeed even more. 

May the bang be even bigger than we think at the moment. 
It's a magical weekend. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Well, you never know. This time ten years ago there were only two MCU movies and I don't think anyone back then would expect it to become what it is now.

The next big thing could be just coming over the horizon now.

Agreed DOM OW record doesn't tend to last for that long. Will be a very long time until Endgame's OW Worldwide is broken though.

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Out of upvotes, but I agree. 

I'm more curious to see how they integrate The Fantastic Four. I'm assuming an actual film is out of limits for the time being, but instead they'll be introduced as supporting characters first, which would make sense. 

I imagine Reed Richards would be introduced first and potentially Sue Storm. I think a movie could be like Captain Marvel where they already have their powers but with flashbacks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine Reed Richards would be introduced first and potentially Sue Storm. I think a movie could be like Captain Marvel where they already have their powers but with flashbacks. 

Oh definitely nobody needs to see them get hit with a cosmic wave or whatever it was again its redundant at this point. 

45 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

India ₹65cr ($9.5mn) GROSS Day One is what I am getting. Waiting for actuals. +60% Infinity War +300% the number 3 Furious 7. Avengers Engame .

India pure OD (excluding Midnight) is 4th highest after

USA

China

UK (could top that even)

India

Mexico

In term of admissions

China (10.5mn)

USA (~9mn)

India (3.4mn admits Approx)

These are the kind of posts that :ohmygod:is acceptable for. Not "I made a peanut butter sandwich" or "The new Star Wars movie is rumored to be set in space"