Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Endgame true Friday 67.5M so far at my theatre (west coast) with 2 shows still to start. Also, previews were our equivalent of 53-54M or something, so take that increase for what you will.

Will end with 75+ for sure but idk if to call 80 yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fanboy said:

Detective Pikachu if Endgame actually did 200M next weekend. 
Image result for im in danger

I actually am seriously wondering if WB might try to push it back a week now? I mean it's one thing for a big budget film to go up against a record breaker in its third weekend. It's another thing entirely to go up against a movie that could still be pulling 100m in its third weekend. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Endgame true Friday 67.5M so far at my theatre (west coast) with 2 shows still to start. Also, previews were our equivalent of 53-54M or something, so take that increase for what you will.

Will end with 75+ for sure but idk if to call 80 yet

I think your cineplex is underperforming..

At my local theater it did more then iw Saturday by 6pm

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I actually am seriously wondering if WB might try to push it back a week now? I mean it's one thing for a big budget film to go up against a record breaker in its third weekend. It's another thing entirely to go up against a movie that could still be pulling 100m in its third weekend. 

Inside Out did fine against JW's 2nd weekend, I don't think WB'll bend.

• Like 1

So, next weekend's movies...there are a lot of them.  I'll be fascinated to see how theaters deal with the hugeness of Endgame and the arriving movies all through May.  If I was a betting person, we could see a lot of "underperformers" in May and really shortened legs from the leftover movies released before Endgame...

I mean, how many screens do you keep dedicating for Endgame and for how long?  Next weekend's openers are certain to only get single screened probably at anything under 16 screens, and that's if they are even booked at lesser theaters.  But, to put it in perspective, I think we have 3 wide openers next weekend, 3 wide the next (with Pikachu), and 3 wide the next (with John Wick), and some limited openers every weekend...That's a lot, especially when you consider how dominant Endgame might still be in weekends 2/3/4...so, if I were a movie that could kick on the May 10 or May 17 weekend (it's probably too late for May 3), and I wasn't Wick or Pikachu, I would, b/c you'll get no space and run out in 2 weeks (ala Missing Link, After, and Hellboy)...

It's gonna be a tight, tight May...and the spoils for that tightness may all go to the victor...should be pretty interesting to watch...

• Like 1