Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

I actually wonder if Saturday will decrease from true Friday. Today, my theater has 86 showings, but only 69 for tomorrow. I mean, it was 69 for today as well, but they added more showings, so I guess the same can happen, but what if this is actually really performing at capacity right now, and it can't go any higher?

Just now, Godzilla said:

What would lock up $400M OW? $165M fri? 

Let me do some math....

...wow. First calculation I did was using IW's pattern and I got $400.7M. I feel like the Friday number would still have to be higher to "lock" $400M because I'm still not 100% convinced that it could follow the exact same pattern with these unprecedented numbers. But hey, $165M is a good starting point if IW is anything to go by.

Never forget that in 2007 Iron Man, Cap, and Thor were considered B/C-List superheroes incapable of reaching the widespread appeal of Batman, Spidey, Supes, and X-Men.

The power of quality actors, writers and of course God Feige

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Here's a fun fact...

No movie with an A+ Cinemascore has gone below 3x OW ;) 

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

The Best Man Holiday

Patriots Day

Why Did I Get Married?

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

Granted, most of these movies opened with far less than Endgame (barring Harry Potter of course, which almost broke the OW record at the time).  But saying that no movie with an A+ has gone under a 3x just isn't true lol

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Never forget that in 2007 Iron Man, Cap, and Thor were considered B/C-List superheroes incapable of reaching the widespread appeal of Batman, Spidey, Supes, and X-Men.

The power of quality actors, writers and of course God Feige

Yep and Marvel tried to sell these characters to other studios but no one wanted them

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

The Best Man Holiday

Patriots Day

Why Did I Get Married?

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

Granted, most of these movies opened with far less than Endgame.  But saying that no movie with an A+ has gone under a 3x just isn't true lol

tumblr_p3hsizFnBx1v2cw63o2_500.gif

• Like 4

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yep and Marvel tried to sell these characters to other studios but no one wanted them

Let's hope rival studios don't get their hands on the time stone.

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

AVENGERS: ENDGAME (2019)A+

I hoped for it, but didn’t want to get my hopes up. Especially since the comscore ratings were similar to IW. But yeah, absolutely deserved. This movie is the gift that keeps on giving. Ridiculous on every level. 

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 1