Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Force Awakens going down actually feels like a realistic possibility right now.

It’s pretty much done. Barring  like a 70 percent drop next week due to the crazy burnt off demand this behemoth should blow past force awakens. Competition won’t matter. Also in another thread I said If Endgame beat force awakens total in the US than I would officially say MCU > Star Wars in the States. I’m just about ready to concede but I wait for that 2nd weekend drop just to be extra sure. Lmao. MCU trusted in their characters, developed a crowd and critic pleasing formula, and simply changed the game giving characters that people thought had no chance of being A list worthy 12 years ago. Just for that feat alone, the franchise deserves the reward of being the top gross in every category 

Edited by jaybox
  • Like 2

A $1b DOM grosser after all these years would literally give my box office ADD a sense of permanent peace and rest I can't even describe. Like I could stop tracking box office after nearly two decades and be ok. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 minute ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I got to say it's a little weird that I used to get so excited getting a ride to pick up my new comic books on new release day from the shop, and now it appears that *everyone in the entire world* is me picking up those comics when it comes to opening weekend for the MCU.  

Revenge of the nerds baby!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

The Best Man Holiday

Patriots Day

Why Did I Get Married?

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

Granted, most of these movies opened with far less than Endgame (barring Harry Potter of course, which almost broke the OW record at the time).  But saying that no movie with an A+ has gone under a 3x just isn't true lol

LMAO your first reference was 2.967. 

7 minutes ago, MattW said:

I'm gonna guess that's a 3D showing, it's pretty empty for the time of day.

No, I think it was just added later.   

Again, walk-up business, especially for the matinees, are gonna be pretty upset when they are forced to either attend 3D shows or wait until the evening higher-priced ones...

Edited by Sue Denim
  • Like 1