Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Source? That would suggest an OS opening of 516m, which does not line up with any of the numbers I'm seeing on BOM.

I used BOM. Including China opening, WW OW is 513 (China opening isn't included in the WW opening page because it opened there a month later).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Still 400 odd theatre are yet to report. This is estimate based on historical ratio. Can go bit up.

I WANT THE DAMN 160  also weekend more than 350 ?

Edited by john2000
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$159mn OD.:ohmygod:

WAIT?

99m true Friday?!?!?!?!?!?!? (you certain) we need one million more and then 100m tomorrow, so that this movie has 2 days above 100m

Wait, 159m today, 100m tomorrow would mean this will outopen IW without Sunday's number.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ultron was not a flop, sure it had a big unexpected drop from its predecessor domestically (-$170m) but it made up for it internationally. 

And it’s the only Avengers film not to increase, domestically or worldwide, from its prior instalment.  

Not a flop no, and its drop is expected when you consider that its also the worst Avengers movie. Honestly i think its one the weakest of all MCU movies. I honestly prefer Thor 2.

36 minutes ago, BlueCore said:

It's possible, but given all the scores, WOM, etc., I don't see it's weekend and weekly percentage falling much faster than IWs. It would need a second weekend drop of more than %65 to have the possibility of missing $2.7bn - I think we're safe from that happening :)

39 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I don't see where massive decline would come from. WOM is amazing, movie's rewatchable and there are people who are waiting for less crowded days/weeks. so it isn't like it'll run out of steam quickly. I think it's gonna have really strong hold for this type of opening. 

But is WOM genuinely *that* good? Leaving the theater on Wed night, I was of coursed pleased with the movie, but I felt it just couldn't compare with the awesome Infinity War. My mate agreed. But it could be that it's us in the minority, and those who prefer Endgame to Infinity War are the majority. 

My first thoughts after having seen Endgame, was that even though this is the eagerly awaited finale that would inevitably start super massive, the wom could never match that of IW (and hence larger declines at the BO would inevitably be the result) I don't know, maybe it's just me after all.