Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

True Friday itself could hit $100mn or Disney low-balled Thursday.

This is what I'm worried about. 

If Previews were actually more like $70m, then Saturday may do "just" $100m, which would be flat from Friday. 

Still, 160/100/85 would be an amazing 345m OW

1 minute ago, Taruseth said:

WAIT?

99m true Friday?!?!?!?!?!?!? (you certain) we need one million more and then 100m tomorrow, so that this movie has 2 days above 100m

Wait, 159m today, 100m tomorrow would mean this will outopen IW without Sunday's number.

I won't be surprised with 3 even. Sunday can hit 100mn as well as usually Sunday is bigger than Friday.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, PPZVGOS said:

But is WOM genuinely *that* good? Leaving the theater on Wed night, I was of coursed pleased with the movie, but I felt it just couldn't compare with the awesome Infinity War. My mate agreed. But it could be that it's us in the minority, and those who prefer Endgame to Infinity War are the majority. 

My first thoughts after having seen Endgame, was that even though this is the eagerly awaited finale that would inevitably start super massive, the wom could never match that of IW (and hence larger declines at the BO would inevitably be the result) I don't know, maybe it's just me after all. 

Could it truly do near or over $100M+ Saturday after this true Friday?

Just now, Stewart said:

This is what I'm worried about. 

If Previews were actually more like $70m, then Saturday may do "just" $100m, which would be flat from Friday. 

Still, 160/100/85 would be an amazing 345m OW

Not that much difference. The hourly numbers suggested 90-95mn, I was considering it to behave like Force Awaken. It did much better.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Not that much difference. The hourly numbers suggested 90-95mn, I was considering it to behave like Force Awaken. It did much better.

Okay cool. I'll take your word for it given you have the numbers! 

So what kind of potential does Saturday have? Obviously over $100m is likely, but can it reach say even $110m?

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

MCU should just be its own 5th gate park at WDW at this point. 

They should use some of the ridiculous money they’re making from this one movie and buy themselves out of that Marvel/Universal Orlando contract. 

It’s gone on long enough. Hell, I love Amazing Spider-Man and Hulk rides but they can retheme those into another land based on a huge franchise.  

They can’t really add anything to the land due to the deal, but WDW can’t do anything either. It’s really annoying. 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Isn’t that a better preview to OD multiplier than Infinity War??? 

No, but pretty close consider previews were 53% higher

AEG: 159 / 60 = 37.735%

AIW: 106.33 / 39 = 36.678%  (6.61% w/e multi)

SW:TFA =  119/57 = 47.89% (4.35% multi)

SW: TLJ:  104.78/45 = 42.95%  (4.88% w/e multi)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I used BOM. Including China opening, WW OW is 513 (China opening isn't included in the WW opening page because it opened there a month later).

Are you dividing the OS total by the WW opening including the domestic opening? 

If so, that's where you're going wrong. You're counting the domestic opening as part of the opening without including the domestic total as part of the total. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stewart said:

Okay cool. I'll take your word for it given you have the numbers! 

So what kind of potential does Saturday have? Obviously over $100m is likely, but can it reach say even $110m?

110 is what i expect. We are in uncharted territory. May be everyone wanted to watch ASAP on Friday to avoid spoiler and it remain flat Saturday. May be it grow but less than normal. 

We will know by noon. Atleast idea of it.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 4

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

They should use some of the ridiculous money they’re making from this one movie and buy themselves out of that Marvel/Universal Orlando contract. 

It’s gone on long enough. Hell, I love Amazing Spider-Man and Hulk rides but they can retheme those into another land based on a huge franchise.  

They can’t really add anything to the land due to the deal, but WDW can’t do anything either. It’s really annoying. 

I read that they can't just buy out the Universal/Marvel contract but rather either party has to decide to terminate it for non-monetary reasons (Universal doesn't want to use the IP anymore or Marvel thinks Universal is doing a poor job with handling it)

7 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

But is WOM genuinely *that* good? Leaving the theater on Wed night, I was of coursed pleased with the movie, but I felt it just couldn't compare with the awesome Infinity War. My mate agreed. But it could be that it's us in the minority, and those who prefer Endgame to Infinity War are the majority. 

My first thoughts after having seen Endgame, was that even though this is the eagerly awaited finale that would inevitably start super massive, the wom could never match that of IW (and hence larger declines at the BO would inevitably be the result) I don't know, maybe it's just me after all. 

I slightly prefer IW too but I've seen IW more times so it isn't fair for me to pass the judgement yet. However, preferring one to the other does not create toxic or even mediocre WOM. remember when CM came out and quite a few BOT people were unsure of WOM cause they found the movie mediocre. but that's the thing. unless the movie's so bad that people cannot recommend it, anything from  " if you like Marvel, you'll like this" and "it was OK" to "OMG get you ass to the theater now" is going to put butts in seats. and EG WOm is definitely better than CM's and CM developed really strong legs later in its run.