Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

but, Scott Mendelson said this wasn't a Force Awakens?

The biggest obstacle and this is very much “relatively speaking,” is whether or not there are that many people who are super-duper excited for Avengers: Endgame who weren’t super-duper excited for Avengers: Infinity War. After all, Marvel and Disney sold that one as “the end of all things” too, and they got away with it because it was still a pretty satisfying movie and because audiences were more-than-willing to show up again this year. But this isn’t The Force Awakens arriving 32 years after Return of the Jedi. This is one super-duper Avengers finale coming just a year after the last one.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/04/25/avengers-endgame-infinity-war-box-office-star-wars-force-awakens-last-jedi-jurassic-world-mcu/#49482b97d9d6

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Stewart said:

Wait you're not a bot??? 

I have legit never seen you message besides from just tweets 😮 

Not a bot,  just got quick hands

tenor.gif?itemid=9967938

Edited by sfran43
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18
  • Astonished 2

24 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Astonishing performance from Captain Marvel as well. The MCU can't put a foot wrong it seems. This film's staying power surely has exceeded any expectations! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Random Heads Up:

Wandering Earth is coming to Netflix on Tuesday in case anybody is curious.

You serious? 

For UK as well? I've been waiting for it for agesss :D 

• Like 1

@Charlie Jatinder (And to anyone else re: the previews being adjusted up argument) I don't think that usually happens. I mean, preview numbers are generally simpler to report than actual dailies (cause there's less money to count) and they're all added up to OD gross anyway. And since preview actuals don't ever come out, I don't see why Disney would lie by saying it "only" made 60M when it might've hit 65-70 instead. Pretty sure they'd want those sweet headlines right out of the bat instead of saying it "only" beat The Force Awakens' record by 3M. If there is a difference, I'm sure it's probably a few hundred thousand dollars at best.

But even if Endgame were adjusted up to, say, 70M on previews, an increase from 70 to 159 would be a 2.27 preview-to-OD multiplier, markedly superior to The Force Awakens and Deathly Hallows: Part 2's preview-to-OD multipliers, which were 2.09x and 2.095x respectively, and also just a tad under The Last Jedi's 2.31x. And as far as preview-to-true Friday increases go, Endgame's (at an increase from 70 to 89) would be 27.1-27.2%, while TLJ's was 32.7%, DH2's was 9.43% and TFA's was 8.95%. From true Friday-to-Saturday, TFA increased 10%, TLJ increased 7.2% and DH2 decreased 10.9%, but this is a Marvel movie so no chance it plays like DH2, if even the two Star Wars movies could increase from real Friday to Saturday (DH2 is a gigantic case of frontloadedness anomaly, after all). Even Age Of Ultron, the MCU film with the worst Saturday hold to date (if I am correct), due to having to contend with a 300M-grossing PPV fight that was one of the most anticipated sports events in history, had a 0.5% decrease from true Friday to Saturday (aka, it pretty much stayed flat). Freaking Spider-Man: Homecoming, a July opener that was the 6th entry in its own series and 2nd reboot in a decade, and had a 60%+ 2nd weekend drop, increased 4.6% from true Friday to Saturday. Ant-Man And The Wasp, another July opener that had a pretty weak internal multiplier and a 60%+ 2nd weekend drop, increased 6.1% on Saturday from real Friday. So yeah, I don't think it would make much of a difference on EG's run.

EDIT: Obviously these calculations were before the official 156.7 estimate. 70 to 86.7 would still be a 23.86% preview-to-true Friday increase and a 2.24 preview-to-OD multiplier, so hardly much of a difference there. Though I still believe - or at least want to - that the preview number is around 60 and real Friday around 96.7 for sure :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

8 minutes ago, Stewart said:

You serious? 

For UK as well? I've been waiting for it for agesss :D 

Yep. It's available to add to your list too. "A Netflix Film"

AAAABeum6kczZx1Ujlb8YK-Pw-clkFhmf8hbQ1h4

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2