The Wild Eric

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just now, filmlover said:

Of course, I was just commenting more on it being a relatively "quiet" frame between a sizeable opening for Detective Pikachu and a big holiday frame that will be led by a huge launch from Aladdin while Endgame still rakes in the big bucks all the same.

Out of likes but yeah basically this.

48 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Just saw the movie...the last hour is fucking insane on every level and I am in LOVE with the film. Best Marvel film alongside IM1.

I'm gobsmacked by how great the movie was. I did not expect a Marvel movie to have such an emotional impact. Glorious ending...could not have been more perfect.

That's what I'm saying. I don't cry at movies. However this one got me. I was just dumfounded and let them fall. 7 people in my row (seat next to me only one empty in the room) and at least 5 of them including me had some tears.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, TMP said:

I'm using BoP's $45m Godzilla 2 predict, but going under on it due to Endgame. Using Mendolson's Pika pika tracking but going slightly higher on it. Aladdin looks like a bomb, but people on here keep insisting otherwise. We'll see...

If you're using BOP's you should use it for Pika as well which they estimate at 82M which could balance out to 85M.

It's all but guaranteed to cross Pikachu imo, and I could see it passing Aladdin too.

And it's also not clean cut that Endgame beats Pikachu, it's actually gonna be probably a very close battle.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TMP said:

$370m

$180m

$110m/ $55m pika pika

$75m 4-day/ $55m aladdin 4-day

$45m/$42m godzilla 2

imo

you realize even Dumbo with much worse buzz / trailer views was able to do $ 46M 3-day right?

Aladdin will make Solo numbers domestically, and obviously big numbers OS

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

you realize even Dumbo with much worse buzz / trailer views was able to do $ 46M 3-day right?

Aladdin will make Solo numbers domestically, and obviously big numbers OS

Dumbo was also meant to do $75m OW. Also don't see how Dumbo had worse buzz than Aladdin, but it did have a lot less competition than Aladdin will face.

I’m trying to stay level headed and remember that with all the sellouts for early matinees yesterday the increase spectrum should be lower...

But then I see all these theaters that are somehow selling out 8:30am showings and holy fucking shit this thing might just do $115M today

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's an easy weekend to miss honestly. $40M feels like the highest John Wick will go and the other two openers won't factor much at all (I wonder how many people will look at A Dog's Journey and say "wait didn't this movie come out a few months ago?" ala A Dog's Way Home and The Sun is Also A Star will likely do similar numbers to Everything Everything).

You may be right about Wick, but I feel like something big (ie $50M+) is happening. The online buzz is way higher than the other two, it looks to be a much bigger and more varied in terms of action, and the cliffhanger for 2 was just aces. 

Maybe Endgame will just swallow the entire month, but my gut says people will still want to see other movies lol. With how rough the box office has been all year, Endgame isn't going to make up all the difference on its.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Dumbo was also meant to do $75m OW. Also don't see how Dumbo had worse buzz than Aladdin, but it did have a lot less competition than Aladdin will face.

Dumbo had zero buzz.  Aladdin has more than zero buzz.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Dumbo was tracking from 26-60 million a couple weeks before. Solidified to 45-60 right before. Horrible reviews and just an awful sealed it's fate.