Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

13 minutes ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

What is the *necessary* (minimum) 2nd weekend multiplier needed to keep Avatar dream alive?

It'll probably need at least 900M domestic to have a shot at Avatar (probably a bit more, depends on OS, but we're talking about the minimum performance needed here), that would be a 2.5x multi off of a 360M opening. The OW is so huge that Endgame can have less than stellar legs and still make a run for TFA domestic and Avatar WW.

Honestly, even a 56-58% drop might be good enough to do that.  AoU got a 2.4x multi off of a 59.4% drop.  Infinity War got a 2.63x multi off of a 55.5% drop.

Edited by IceFire9yt

In all my 25 years of boxoffice tracking - this right here, is the biggest moment. This is the apex mountain. This is historic.  

Best boxoffice moment. Right here. 

#wherewereyou when Endgame broke the OW in the way that it did? That’s what you ask folks 20 years from now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

When's the earliest we can get a sweet Saturday estimate??

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I’m surprised we haven’t gotten a Saturday update yet from @RtheEnd seeing as it’s nearly 5pm on the East coast.

If I am not wrong his first estimate for Friday came 21-21.5 hours ago. So we may have to wait another 2-3 hours for an update from him. 

Charlie is sleeping and probably wont wake for another 3-4 hours

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Thing is if the other big studios had a chance to do what Disney is doing they would.   Let’s not act like their this beacon of light

Disney/Marvel trusted the process, were extremely patient, and are now reaping the full rewards of a decade long journey that could’ve gone wrong at so many turns. This is the ultimate BO feat of the 21st century. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Ill go with a 120M Saturday. Give me that Endgame Saturday > TFA OD number, fuck it. I want to see that because that would be bonkers.

Also i stand by my point (and totally agree with @CoolEric258) that Endgame will fuel the box office in May, not swallow it. I see a 70-100M Debut for Pika-Pika, 50M+ for John Wick and 80M+ for Godzilla.

Hell i want this next month to be fucking glorious.

I’m just thinking of the tens of millions of people who were sitting in theatres this weekend and were greeted by trailers for Pikachu/Godzilla/Aladdin and so on. There is going to be a ridiculous amount of exposure for those movies other the next while. That has to have some measurable impact on increasing their future box office I feel. 

Edited by dakus
  • Like 2

Disney can't be treated as one entity. The fact is they are a series of sub brands, and each of those is quite different. What the Marvel branch has pulled off is remarkable and has set an amazing and exciting blueprint for the entire blockbuster industry. What the main studio has done with their live action branch by focusing on dull, lifeless remakes of the animated classics is insipid and sets a horrible trend for the industry. They are two completely different sides of the coin, so it's impossible to just say Disney as a whole is one thing to the industry. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Disney can't be treated as one entity. The fact is they are a series of sub brands, and each of those is quite different. What the Marvel branch has pulled off is remarkable and has set an amazing and exciting blueprint for the entire blockbuster industry. What the main studio has done with their live action branch by focusing on dull, lifeless remakes of the animated classics is insipid and sets a horrible trend for the industry. They are two completely different sides of the coin, so it's impossible to just say Disney as a whole is one thing to the industry. 

I honestly don’t feel the Disney influence in these films. Marvel really feels like it’s own thing. Unfortunately can’t say the same for Star Wars. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

I don’t think anyone expected 300m. It’s a historic OW. 

I and quite of few of other people started getting on the 300 train when we saw the presales. I think I believe it could happen after it beat IW presales for 1st week in just 3 hours. I was not calling 300 though, but thought it was possible. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

What the main studio has done with their live action branch by focusing on dull, lifeless remakes of the animated classics is insipid and sets a horrible trend for the industry.

Well, they make a shit ton of money and that's all that matters to them at the end of the day. Add in Disney+, which could put a huge dent on Netflix and they're gonna be incomparable to any other big studio.

3 minutes ago, Birdo Mandingo said:

I and quite of few of other people started getting on the 300 train when we saw the presales. I think I believe it could happen after it beat IW presales for 1st week in just 3 hours. I was not calling 300 though, but thought it was possible. 

Sorry, but anyone who still couldn't see 300 by the time this week rolled around was simply blind/not paying attention. 

Edited by MovieMan89