Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Disney can't be treated as one entity. The fact is they are a series of sub brands, and each of those is quite different. What the Marvel branch has pulled off is remarkable and has set an amazing and exciting blueprint for the entire blockbuster industry. What the main studio has done with their live action branch by focusing on dull, lifeless remakes of the animated classics is insipid and sets a horrible trend for the industry. They are two completely different sides of the coin, so it's impossible to just say Disney as a whole is one thing to the industry. 

Very good point.

Cannot be stressed enough how the MCU is a vibrant brand that didn't rely on nostalgia and created its own path making C-Level comic book characters into worldwide movie icons.

Saaaaaaame.  And they have $5 Tuesdays here for all movies so that's likely out too.

7 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Omg just looking around my area I probably can't get a decent seat to see this again until Monday or Tuesday!

Edited by budice

at my local theater 13/21 showings are already complete sellouts for Sunday. Of the 8 that are not sold out yet 6 only have 5 or less seats available. 

Only 2 showings have decent available with one being just 70% sold out and the other 60%(10:00 pm and 10:30 pm)  

Previews(23 showtimes), Friday(27 showtimes), and Saturday(29 showtimes) have been 100% complete sellouts at this theater, and I believe Sunday will too. If it doesn't it will just be a handful of seats for the 10:30. 

I need to have some comments for Endgame to break the most pages record for BOT weekend thread.

I'll see it tomorrow in Paris (my first time in Paris).

After I missed the showtime at 13:30 today, because several metro lines stop and its raining and I was 30 mins late and they didn't allow me to get in the cinema. But lucky they gave me another ticket to see it on Sun instead.

😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Tuesday is looking like Friday did around me...

Could it possibly jump from Monday? We all know Tuesdays decrease from Monday after big opening weekends, even with the continued rise of cheap Tuesdays.

Keep in mind my target for Monday is $35M.

Edited by JB33

So Endgame might be the 1st movie ever to break the previous OW record before Sunday. TFA I think was closest, I think it was 15 million short of JW before Sunday.

I am pretty sure it would have been impossible before preview era. So I only checked TFA since it was biggest jump prior on record breakers.

Just now, JB33 said:

Could it possibly jump from Monday? We all know Tuesdays decrease from Monday after big opening weekends, even with the continued rise of cheap Tuesdays.

The cheap Tuesday is the exact reason why Tuesdays of such massive movies decrease. There may be more people buying tickets than on Monday - but the tickets are cheaper, thus less money is spent. With smaller numbers, the Tuesday rise is not affected, but on this level it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Btw i hope this right here will finally put an end to the "but the longer runtime means it will gross less" debate

Who's to say it wouldn't have made 180 OD with a 2:15 runtime.