Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I'm not saying this from a fanboy war perspective, this is strictly box office discussion: Forget Avatar. The sequels aren't matching the event that is Avengers: Endgame. Not with today's exchange rates and massive decrease in 3D novelty, which was largely the driving force behind Avatar. Not suggesting Avatar isn't legitimately a good film, mind you. I would say the same thing about Alice in Wonderland and other unepexted worldwide hits from the early 2010's.

To be fair I don’t think even Marvel will reach Endgames heights again. What do they have coming up?

This will be a record that stands for a loooooooong time. 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator
20 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

@Shawn $370m huh? Damn....

I never would have dreamed we'd even be realistically discussing a number in like that in this decade.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/domestic-global-weekend-report-avengers-endgame/

Edit: Well, 350-375. 370 was the number that stuck in the chart based on similar drops to IW.

This movie has just continued to exceed every expectation. My thinking at this point is why would it suddenly stop behaving like a Marvel movie?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

To be fair I don’t think even Marvel will reach Endgames heights again. What do they have coming up?

Oh, unquestionably.

• Founder / Operator
8 hours ago, Stewart said:

Oof! That's got be a tough one, especially on a weekend like this. 

Are most of your tweets and facebook posts automated then? I was here thinking every day around now you're frantically copying the emails into tweets!

Not automated, that's me posting them -- I've just being it for so many years, I'm rather quick about it. :lol:

What I meant though is that Facebook posts (where we usually originate the post from) on the Boxoffice profile are supposed to cross-post to Twitter simultaneously. That function was broken for some reason this morning.

• Thanks 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

you made a joke earlier that people liked but I think people won't like this one James, should have quit while ahead chap

Is this another way of saying "Back off fellas, she's taken!"?

Edited by JB33

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

you made a joke earlier that people liked but I think people won't like this one James, should have quit while ahead chap

yeah, this running gag is as dry as my pussy at this point.

• Haha 13

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

All I can see is a new 10 years of build up with new avengers teaming (or fighting against) X-Men/F4 leading to another super event movie. 

Edited by meriodejaneiro

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Avengers Endgame was SO much better than Infinity War. 

9/10 from me. 

Also, I stand by them being part 1 and part 2 movies. And now I mean that in the best possible way. 

Alot of my favorite character moments couldn't have happened without Infinity War's actions so I agree

• Like 1