Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

5 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

You’re saying this as if I wasn’t self-referencing the fact that I should be avoiding the forums

Exactly... I mean since Friday you are all gloomy and whatnot.. I get it you don't care about Marvel or Disney so maybe you should come back for Pika OW. . Rather than posting negative stuff and making gloomy atmosphere for such an amazing OW you stand out like a sore thumb.. There is always a right place and right time but this is not now

• Thanks 1

Almost called the police tonight on a guy who was throwing popcorn all through the lobby, screaming at ALL the staff, and I was worried he was going to get physically violent with us. But he left before I did anything. This was also when the lobby was FULL of people so I hope someone filmed it. He was so verbally abusive with all of us, two of the staff were crying he said some terrible terrible shit to us.

All because? His daughter was 13 but got charged the price of a 14 year old because she told us she was 14 to get into La Llorona :lol:

• Sad 2
  • ...wtf 11
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, RollinWithBrolin said:

I really like the one-line summation from BoxOfficePro:

"Marvel Studios, mastermind Kevin Feige, the Russo brothers, and thousands of artists and fans have delivered a once-in-a-lifetime, mono-cultural epic on a global scale."

I love the way this is put. Yes of course the actors get the glory, but there were thousands of people working extremely hard to make it happen. Many of them put in far more hours than the actors themselves. I think it is good they get some credit too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, peludo said:

I feel as I am the only one who do not believe in the emotional side of Endgame and still prefer IW as a better film.

Said this: Avatar is done. Welcome $3b world...

I for one still prefer slightly AIW as a better movie overall objectively, but I am also much touched by Endgame emotional impact subjectively.

Edit: hopefully not considered spoilery. The arcs of some main characters don't have that much emotional impact (in fact the portrayal can give negative emotional impact or underwhelming for their fans). So I certainly respect different individual takes on A:EG.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 1

Avengers assemble.  The world looks to have its first 330-380 plus m domestic Ow.

Can avengers end game push titanic out of 2 position ww. Will it challenge the domestic champ Force Awakens. Everyone is excited. Wowsers at what Juggernaut 2020 will do in China movie fans. As Avengers end game will hit over 400m usd there alone👍👍Outstanding. Jcs Pandorians expecting 700-900 mil usd from China now..loving this boxoffice news, as it giving us a sample of what Avatar 2 is truly capable of. End game will have its records but Avatar 2 will get the glory. 

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

Overflow into Sunday and beyold is f-ing going to be insane.

Take me for instance. I watched it twice on previews and am super hungry to see it again, but it is completely sold out for tomorrow. I have to work Monday, but am scheming for a way to see it again. 

I am Overflow now.

On 4/28/2019 at 2:47 AM, expensiveho said:

Already Sunday and not even 300 pages? #notanevent

I'm curious on if Sunday will hold for 95-100m or more. Congrats to marvel and avengers fans everwhere. Hope everyone returns for more. Original cast must live on..woohoo!!

Any news on Monday estimates

Edited by Sheldon Cr

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Almost called the police tonight on a guy who was throwing popcorn all through the lobby, screaming at ALL the staff, and I was worried he was going to get physically violent with us. But he left before I did anything. This was also when the lobby was FULL of people so I hope someone filmed it. He was so verbally abusive with all of us, two of the staff were crying he said some terrible terrible shit to us.

All because? His daughter was 13 but got charged the price of a 14 year old because she told us she was 14 to get into La Llorona :lol:

What a great role model this guy must be to his daughter. Real parenting 101 there.

I hope your workmates are doing okay. I think I’d feel the exact same way if I were in their situation. Its good to hear no one was physically hurt though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nero said:

Exactly... I mean since Friday you are all gloomy and whatnot.. I get it you don't care about Marvel or Disney so maybe you should come back for Pika OW. . Rather than posting negative stuff and making gloomy atmosphere for such an amazing OW you stand out like a sore thumb.. There is always a right place and right time but this is not now

No offense but I don't see why you are trying to dictate how people should feel. Like 95% of users here (including myself) are completely at lost for words for this performance. Why does it bother you if @A Panda of Ice and Fire is less enthusiastic?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Birdo Mandingo said:

Overflow into Sunday and beyold is f-ing going to be insane.

Take me for instance. I watched it twice on previews and am super hungry to see it again, but it is completely sold out for tomorrow. I have to work Monday, but am scheming for a way to see it again. 

I am Overflow now.

I know! I pre-bought them with my AMC sub when they first became available. Both Thursday's and Friday's tickets. I should have got more!!

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Are you OK James?

The nerve of you to ask me that after the way you treated me earlier? you pretty much treated me as if I was some common whore. I was willing to let you do WHATEVER you wanted to me and put it WHEREVER you wanted and you just fucked all that up.

• Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Suddenly, I just got a gut feeling...like this is it. This is the last time the OW record will ever be broken. I think we will see other films beat IW, but man let's see here, before we just had 6 movies past $200M and 1 over $250M. We've never had a $300M opener, nonetheless a $350M opener. I really think this is it. This is one of those records that just isn't going to be beaten. 

20 minutes ago, justvision said:

I for one still prefer slightly AIW as a better movie overall objectively, but I am also much touched by Endgame emotional impact subjectively.

Hard same. AIW is a master class for ensemble work, tight pacing, and balancing different styles and tone. AEG is the emotional release.

I would liken to me and Winter Soldier. There will never be a better MCU for me than TWS. Will there be objectively better ones? Yup. Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ragnarok, AIW an AEG are fitting candidates for #1. 

No curr. You will rip TWS our of my cold dead hands. 

And that is cool. Sometimes people just have different taste, or are In the mood for different things. Particularly with something as expansive as the MCU. 

Edited by captainwondyful
Typo
  • Like 2