Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

9 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

So, do you think the fact that it's True Friday/Sat jump is lower than IW means it's having slightly worse legs (in which case we might expect a bigger drop on Sunday) or, that it simply is so filled that it couldn't possibly make more on Saturday, and so we should expect a lower Sunday drop due to spillover?

The reason why Saturday is not bigger is due to lack of supply

• Like 3

The tire Friday and Saturday numbers in relation to previous records are really mind-boggling. 

I thought that the largest potential for increase from IW was in previews, since IW's were 18 million lower than the record. But it actually increased more on both Friday and Saturday. While the Saturday for IW was already had a bizarrely higher than the previous record. The third highest Saturday is an absurd 40m lower than Engame's. Sunday looking to be almost 40m higher than 3rd place as well.

In Australia, we are looking at circa 45m by the end of Sunday (in AUD).  It should be over 50m before the 2nd weekend starts (or close enough too) at least a 15m 2nd weekend should see EG pass IW's final total here (63m) by the end of the 2nd weekend !

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

First billion dollar domestic and about 3 billion worldwide? Incredible what we are witnessing. Is this and example of the max that an opening weekend can get?

Any non MCU movies that have a shot at either of these within the next 5 years? I rethought it and it’s likely no aside from an avatar sequel (and I’m only saying that out of respect for James Cameron being 2-0 at getting the number 1 spot with his last two releases)

Edited by jaybox

Both my local modern multiplex and the local flea pit were booked over 95% yesterday, right from 12pm to the last show at 9pm. If anything I'd say my town has more screens than it normally needs, so to see both full all day is unheard of. This is in the UK, where the first weekend rush isn't really such a big thing.

3 minutes ago, jaybox said:

First billion dollar domestic and about 3 billion worldwide? Incredible what we are witnessing. Is this and example of the max that an opening weekend can get?

Any non MCU movies that have a shot at either of these within the next 5 years? I rethought it and it’s likely no aside from an avatar sequel. 

Now now Jaybox, let's not be hasty.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jaybox said:

Any non MCU movies that have a shot at either of these within the next 5 years? I rethought it and it’s likely no aside from an avatar sequel (and I’m only saying that out of respect for James Cameron being 2-0 at getting the number 1 spot with his last two releases)

A 30m to 1 hr  shorter run time could accommodate far more showings if they were also around the clock - so not a max.  But the product and demand needs to be there.

1 hour ago, ThiagoMaia said:

So, do you think the fact that it's True Friday/Sat jump is lower than IW means it's having slightly worse legs (in which case we might expect a bigger drop on Sunday) or, that it simply is so filled that it couldn't possibly make more on Saturday, and so we should expect a lower Sunday drop due to spillover?

Later part. It was so big on Friday so increase is not much so spillover might happen and Sunday may drop lower

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

People talking about all the territories where it will outgross IW by end of weekend 2, but it’s mostly 5-day openers, so that’s end of day 12. Shot to pass IW by day 12 DOM as well :) 

I'm pretty sure the release patterns the same in most places for IW & EG, so if there was a 5-day opening for endgame then they also had 5 day opening for IW.