Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

The issue with Spider-man hasn't changed, Sony still owns basically everything about the character. We get X-men and F4 and their related stuff. Maybe Disney can bend Paramount over and get Solo rights back for Hulk and Namor. 

*Universal

2 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

The issue with Spider-man hasn't changed, Sony still owns basically everything about the character. We get X-men and F4 and their related stuff. Maybe Disney can bend Paramount over and get Solo rights back for Hulk and Namor. 

True enough. If Sony were smart, they'd just let Marvel Studios do their thing with Spidey and all his supporting characters and reap the benefits by distributing themselves. They must know that that's the way to get the most return with this IP. 

Speaking of Namor, great point! He's someone I really, really want to see in the MCU! He could start out as a villain against the F4, like in the comics, and become a key hero as Phase 4/5 goes on. IF they get the rights, that is.

Edited by JB33

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yeah we definitely don't need another Avengers film for another 5 years or so. I mean, we will have gotten the two biggest ones in back to back years so...

Spend the next several years building up the next grand saga with new characters, settings and storylines and flesh out the newer but already established characters like Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel etc. Also, with the Infinity Saga being over, there's a lot of blank slate to seriously build up Spidey's world, which we know is massive. Bring me that Sinister Six!!!

Avengers vs X-Men would be great but is a long way off. 

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

The previous record was below $9.3m

1 minute ago, Menor said:

FF8 was with $9m, lmao

*spits out coffee*

What??? I figured it was close to $20M or something! I'm sure it's going to be quite frontloaded but still, my $240M prediction for OW in China was clearly a serious lowball!

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

True enough. If Sony were smart, they'd just let Marvel Studios do their thing with Spidey and all his supporting characters and reap the benefits by distributing themselves. They must know that that's the way to get the most return with this IP. 

Speaking of Namor, great point! He's someone I really, really want to see in the MCU! He could start out as a villain against the F4, like in the comics, and become a key hero as Phase 4/5 goes on. IF they get the rights, that is.

I think Namor should be used like Hulk, a supporting character which gets round Universal's distribution rights or they do a deal with Universal so they make the film but Universal distributes. 

I don't see Sony ever letting go of Spider-Man, they'll pick and choose which characters they want to use for solo projects and let Marvel have the rest. 

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Avengers vs X-Men would be great but is a long way off. 

I also doubt any superhero vs superhero movie is going to be able to truly break the core fandom blockbuster ceiling if we're talking about the next truly massive one in the MCU after this. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I also doubt any superhero vs superhero movie is going to be able to truly break the core fandom blockbuster ceiling if we're talking about the next truly massive one in the MCU after this. 

Secret Wars I think is the only shot to top this hype, if they do it right and build it up well

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I imagine Avengers vs X-Men would be more like Age of Ultron or Civil War in terms of scale rather than IW or Endgame

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is the greatest cinematic event of out lifes. Nothing will ever top this.

As one cinematic universe ends, another one begins.  Detective Pikachu is the Iron Man for the Pokémon and eventually the Nintendo cinematic universe.

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Russo Brothers (joked?) that they would come back to the MCU if they could do Secret Wars. Markus and McFeely joked that they would be semi-offended if the Russo Brothers didn't ask them to write it too.

Secret Wars would be very difficult to pull off, the original Secret War could be done though.

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is the greatest cinematic event of out lifes. Nothing will ever top this.

For those of us older folks in the USA it's hard to top TFA.

Never in my life would I imagine I'd get to see another SW movie in the theater and we had the OT characters as while.

Another difference for me.... even though it'll open bigger... my theater for TFA did not have reserved seating and getting there 2 hours early and having the theater already packed was crazy.  There were huge lines everywhere.

These days not matter how big it never feels as huge with reserved seating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

For those of us older folks in the USA it's hard to top TFA.

Never in my life would I imagine I'd get to see another SW movie in the theater and we had the OT characters as while.

Another difference for me.... even though it'll open bigger... my theater for TFA did not have reserved seating and getting there 2 hours early and having the theater already packed was crazy.  There were huge lines everywhere.

These days not matter how big it never feels as huge with reserved seating.

Very true. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE reserved seating, but even films don't feel like they did back then. That feeling of waiting in line with an enormous crowd just to get into the auditorium was what made me love movies.

• Like 1