The Wild Eric

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, doublejack said:

Unless I'm mistaken, early tracking for both those films is roughly the same. I think both are going to be duds and hit with about 50M OW. If I'm right, Godzilla won't be getting back IMAX screens for its 3rd weekend.

Official tracking i actually think isnt out for those movies yet. If youre reffering to BO.com, those numbers are also guesses and not industry numbers. And because im think that Godzilla will overpeform i see it a lot higher than Phoenix.

2 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

Just astonishing. It broke record by $100 million for now. This record will never be broken. They will never be another movie that will gross this much in a 3 day weekend. 

No inflation, no ticket prices will surpass this. If my calculations are correct, this is like Spider Man grossing $250 million in 2001 to come to this amount of money. First movie to break $100+ million in three day weekend. 

are you an economist?

why do you think inflation will end? the US economy has been inflating since the first use of the dollar, no?

3 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

Just astonishing. It broke record by $100 million for now. This record will never be broken. They will never be another movie that will gross this much in a 3 day weekend. 

No inflation, no ticket prices will surpass this. If my calculations are correct, this is like Spider Man grossing $250 million in 2001 to come to this amount of money. First movie to break $100+ million in three day weekend. 

It will happen, only 7 years ago this time, $200m seemed far out of reach. Wont happen any time soon though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

At the time of its release, I can’t think of a worse received or worse reviewed film than Attack of the Clones.  And ROTS still followed the “Star Wars Pattern.”

Granted, it featured the birth of Darth Vader.  But you guys are kidding yourselves if you don’t think there are more people out there who loved TLJ than Clones.  Lots of people really love TLJ.  (Including the critics, who actually admire it as a work of film—unlike Episode II).

there's a notable difference between dislike and hatred.

Also bear in mind TLJ was coming off a well liked first film. AOTC didn't have high expectations like that

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Freddie Mercury + Avengers vs Leo as the hammy villain 

Sooner or later The Rock will join DC or Marvel, Disney already have Avengers and X-men. DC and Marvel could create comics why do you think that they can't make a deal on movie who could make 4 billion, and another billions in toys etc?

Just now, Avatree said:

there's a notable difference between dislike and hatred.

Also bear in mind TLJ was coming off a well liked first film. AOTC didn't have high expectations like that

The other SW trilogy also follow the same pattern and the quality balance is completely different. It doesn't matter if the second movie is terrible (AOTC) or awesome (ESB) the third always gains half the loss back.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Beating the opening weekend record by $100M is a truly astonishing achievement. 

absolutely. and when I think I was straining to find a screen count calculation that would supply crazy demand and make 300M possible! It blew past 300M by 50M+! :bravo:

Just now, 1Robert1 said:

Sooner or later The Rock will join DC or Marvel, Disney already have Avengers and X-men. DC and Marvel could create comics why do you think that they can't make a deal on movie who could make 4 billion, and another billions in toys etc?

He's playing Black Adam which I think probably will do more business than Shazam!

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

The other SW trilogy also follow the same pattern and the quality balance is completely different. It doesn't matter if the second movie is terrible (AOTC) or awesome (ESB) the third always gains half the loss back.

soooo. because something happens twice in 30 years, it's a rule?

• Like 2