The Wild Eric

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

30 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Jesus, its more than 1/10th of that live! Its similcast in over 170 countries because of the fear of piracy. In the UK its giving Sky its biggest ever overnight audience, and doubles it after 2 more days. Why are people so blind to how big it is?

HBOs US audience is a tiny fraction of the total.

The Sopranos was nothing outside the US.

It doesn’t even get close to the biggest soaps on UK television in terms of viewers.  

In fact, the biggest show in terms of viewers over here is Strictly Come Dancing! You saying the season finale of that is a bigger deal than the most anticipated movie of the decade? 

In fact, there you have it. A dancing show with D-list celebrities is bigger than GoT in the U.K.  

Sure we all know GoT is a phenomenon in the US, the U.K. - all over the world. Yet it’s television. A world of difference to people getting off their asses and paying big money to see a movie in the theater. 

As for the gaming topic - don’t even open that can of worms. A product that costs 5 times as much as a movie ticket - christ...like that’s comparable. 

We celebrate the movies on here and the church that is moviegoing to US culture in particular. On its biggest weekend in its history, lets not waste anymore time discussing GoT vs Avengers in the popularity stakes. Not in this thread anyway. 

All the best 

• Like 3

At the rate the thread is going, and the fact that we’re already halfway thru Sunday, seems like EG is not gonna break the BOT weekend thread page count record. 

Flop.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Here you all go:

Preview to OD Multipliers:
Avengers - 4.322
Iron Man 3 - 4.414
Age of Ultron - 3.059
Civil War - 3.020
Black Panther - 3.014
Infinity War - 2.727
Endgame - 2.612 (estimate)

Preview to OW Multipliers:
Avengers - 11.09
Iron Man 3 - 11.163
Age of Ultron - 6.93
Civil War - 7.166
Black Panther - 8.016
Infinity War - 6.608
Endgame - 5.833 (estimate)

OW to Total Multipliers:
Avengers - 3.005
Iron Man 3 - 2.349
Age of Ultron - 2.400
Civil War - 2.278
Black Panther - 3.466
Infinity War - 2.634
Endgame - 1.0 (so far)

A worrying trend for the Opening Day, but obviously the bigger the fanbase, the more frontloaded they will become.

Infinity War actually did great to even reach 2.634. But it didn't have ANYTHING until the fourth weekend. But then Deadpool 2 and Solo both kind of disappointed. Endgame has nothing next week, but then Pikachu, John Wick 3, Aladdin, Godzilla, Dark Phoenix/SLoP2 all back to back.

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

Here you all go:

Avengers - 4.322
Iron Man 3 - 4.414
Age of Ultron - 3.059
Civil War - 3.020
Black Panther - 3.014
Infinity War - 2.727

Avengers - 11.09
Iron Man 3 - 11.163
Age of Ultron - 6.93
Civil War - 7.166
Black Panther - 8.016
Infinity War - 6.608

OW to Total Multipliers:
Avengers - 3.005
Iron Man 3 - 2.349
Age of Ultron - 2.400
Civil War - 2.278
Black Panther - 3.466
Infinity War - 2.634
Endgame - 1.0 (so far)

A worrying trend for the Opening Day, but obviously the bigger the fanbase, the more frontloaded they will become.

Infinity War actually did great to even reach 2.634. But it didn't have ANYTHING until the fourth weekend. But then Deadpool 2 and Solo both kind of disappointed. Endgame has nothing next week, but then Pikachu, John Wick 3, Aladdin, Godzilla, Dark Phoenix/SLoP2 all back to back.

aha

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

At the rate the thread is going, and the fact that we’re already halfway thru Sunday, seems like EG is not gonna break the BOT weekend thread page count record. 

Flop.

We've got til Monday afternoon with actuals, so I'm sure we can squeak out another 40 pages (gotta make sure we have enough to cover Disney's obvious underestimating:)...

• Like 3

Not to veer too much outside of End Game but Netflix is a bit in trouble. They have to pump in massive amounts of money into their streaming product for marginal increases in revenue. Their global base helps keep growing but apple and Disney are different. I love Netflix btw been using them since 2000 with the 3 DVD plan.

They can literally plan on losing money for years, half a decade if they like on their streaming products. It will be free advertisement for Apple products and Disney parks the mature cash cows that help fund their streaming services, the loss leader that becomes their best advertisement. 

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Here you all go:

Avengers - 4.322
Iron Man 3 - 4.414
Age of Ultron - 3.059
Civil War - 3.020
Black Panther - 3.014
Infinity War - 2.727

Avengers - 11.09
Iron Man 3 - 11.163
Age of Ultron - 6.93
Civil War - 7.166
Black Panther - 8.016
Infinity War - 6.608

OW to Total Multipliers:
Avengers - 3.005
Iron Man 3 - 2.349
Age of Ultron - 2.400
Civil War - 2.278
Black Panther - 3.466
Infinity War - 2.634
Endgame - 1.0 (so far)

I wouldn’t call a 120+ OW for DP2 disappointing tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Not to veer too much outside of End Game but Netflix is a bit in trouble. They have to pump in massive amounts of money into their streaming product for marginal increases in revenue. Their global base helps keep growing but apple and Disney are different. I love Netflix btw been using them since 2000 with the 3 DVD plan.

They can literally plan on losing money for years, half a decade if they like on their streaming products. It will be free advertisement for Apple products and Disney parks the mature cash cows that help fund their streaming services, the loss leader that becomes their best advertisement. 

I cancelled my Netflix subscription after Santa Clarita Diet was cancelled. Disney is going to move all of its content to either Disney+ or Hulu, so I have no need for Netflix anymore, especially if they're just going to keep cancelling all of my favorite shows on cliffhangers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

I honestly think we found this generations Catwoman.

Hellboy worldwide currently: $39.4mil

Catwoman total: $82.1mil

Dying at the fact that this Hellboy domestically in 17 days ($21,533,833) hasn't made what the first Hellboy made its first weekend ($23,172,440)

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It made 318M (324M with the re-release) domestic and more than 7x its budget worldwide.  I'm not sure what more you wanted from it.

Good fucking lord. The OPENING WEEKEND was slightly underwhelming, for me. Y'all don't have to fucking defend every million dollar movie franchise.

14 minutes ago, Sam said:

Flop.

Endgame <JW confirmed 

• Thanks 2