Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

I remember being 9 when TDK opened, and reading about how it broke every single record. First time I ever took notice of the box office. It really felt like bat-mania then.

Movie still holds up too. Probably the best non-Endgame funnybook movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

They were not the heroes though. Jolie is going to be leading the franchise along with whoever Hercules is

I get that I just have a hard time wrapping my head around Jolie signing on for like 6 Marvel movies lol, was wondering if we had heard any specifics

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chewy said:

I get that I just have a hard time wrapping my head around Jolie signing on for like 6 Marvel movies lol, was wondering if we had heard any specifics

Is is a villain role ?

Just now, The Futurist said:

Is is a villain role ?

I know literally nothing about the Eternals so I can't answer, and they could always have a twist where a non-villain character is the villain in the movie

26 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I kind of wonder why TDK didn’t have a higher OW. It’s Friday gross was $67 million, so it’s weird that it didn’t finish with something higher than $158 million.

The reason is simple, it was not a family movie. It did most of its business in the evening.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chewy said:

No, bigger stars like Robert Redford and Kurt Russell only signed on for one

Villains can be one and done, ensemble lead has got to be at least 3.

Edited by Thanos Legion

5 hours ago, DAR said:

I’ll point out again it’s possible to see Endgame and watch GOT this weekend.   This isn’t an all or nothing situation 

I watched Endgame twice already, (Thursday night at 10:45 and Saturday evening at 6:30), and I still managed to do my yard, take my pets to the vet, get the car a tune up, cook my meals for the week and made a lovely Sunday Chicken Madeira dinner, and I am now watching Ant-Man on TV, which will end at 8PM, then that is when I plan on switching to HBO to watch last week's episode again, and then the new one there after.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A superhero becoming the villain will probably be one of the big arcs of next MCU's  phases.

Hasn't been done properly yet in movies even tho Star Wars kinda covers that ground.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

It never will now since Previews are essentially Thursday rolled into Friday.

The Thursday record will be broken. It'll just happen on the 7th day of a film's release. It'll be quite a while before it happens, but eventually there will be a movie that does 50M per weekday through its first week.

12 minutes ago, Chewy said:

She probably signed for 3 like RDJ back in the day. It seems clear Jolie only wants to do big paycheck roles now. I mean her last movie was Maleficent and what did she sign to do next? Maleficent 2.

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

A superhero becoming the villain will probably be one of the big arcs of next MCU's  phases.

Hasn't been done properly yet in movies even tho Star Wars kinda covers that ground.

yep. the rest of the avengers better watch out for evil tom holland.

y8p42rivuh7z.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Villains can be one and done, ensemble lead has got to be at least 3.

She can like Tilda as the Ancient One.  They might also want her enough to just sign her for two.  They were going to bend to 4 for Phoenix for Strange and that was with 2 Avengers movies included.

• Like 1

So I did a quick theater update and at the three theaters closest to me, end game has been sold out all day and the late shows which begin at around 9 and the last showing around 11, are basically 90% sold out. The only seats left are the first two or three rows. I'm going to predict that it's going to have a crazy Sunday hold of 10% or less.

• Like 9
  • Astonished 1