Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

Who thought 300m was happening

I mean, when are we talking here? Last year essentially no one. By last Monday kind of everybody did, just look at the IN avalanche in that club even before we got any actual numbers.

2 minutes ago, tawasal said:

So many movies missed on breaking that record because of them opening on weekdays. Stupid distributors. 

1. Attack of the Clones - Thursday
  2. The Matrix Reloaded - Thursday
  3. The Return of the King - Wednesday
  4. Shrek 2 - Wednesday
  5. Spider-Man 2 - Wednesday
  6. The Passion of the Christ - Wednesday
  7. Revenge of the Sith - Thursday

How would Return of The King have broken that record?

It opened to $124m in 5 days while SM opened to $114m over 3 days. That wouldn't have worked out. 

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Right and I'm sure the consensus this time it's that it's 100% right that the record is safe for a long-ass time. :P 

At this point, I could see the record being safe for a long-ass time and I could also see something just as crazy, like Hamilton getting a movie in 2022 with the majority of the original cast reprising their roles and busting the record down.

It’s hard enough to make BO predictions a week in advance, doing so for movies that aren’t even in production is kind of silly imo.

• Like 2

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

I mean, when are we talking here? Last year essentially no one. By last Monday kind of everybody did, just look at the IN avalanche in that club even before we got any actual numbers.

Well obviously before pre-sales began, no one outside of a Portuguese thought 300m was possible. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 7:09 PM, RtheEnd said:
On 4/27/2019 at 6:45 PM, Bonenash said:

ehhhhhhhhhh not as funny as the saturday of IW rth came in and post a superman gift the  american football kick of clark kent :D

he said 82m saturday and i was like WTF lol

LOL yeah remember  that, and the one I did in Brazil forum astronaut on moon with I think holding a beer and looking at  earth in the distance and I put something like, forget everything that had come before and everything you've ever known. Something to that effect 

Someone mentioned @RtheEnd's last super kick post earlier in the thread and he replied about it. Hope this doesn't mean it's only an 82 Sunday!!

1 minute ago, stfletch said:

Someone mentioned @RtheEnd's last super kick post earlier in the thread and he replied about it. Hope this doesn't mean it's only an 82 Sunday!!

No. It just means its gonna be a huge number. I don't think it actually represents an actual number 

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

How would Return of The King have broken that record?

It opened to $124m in 5 days while SM opened to $114m over 3 days. That wouldn't have worked out. 

If it opened on friday, it could have made the 51m it burned off on wednesday and thursday inside the weekend spread out. 

40 minutes ago, baumer said:

@doublejack that is a good point. I didn't even take that into consideration. Okay maybe 10% is a bit too aggressive but I will stand by the same job as Infinity war. So 15% or less.

I agree. 15% or less seems reasonable to me, and is much more realistic than Disney's -22.7% estimate.

Off I go to take it all in for myself.

The OW record EG just pulled gonna have to be broken by an established franchise, it’s not gonna be an out-of-nowhere surprise hit.

EG had unprecedented pre-sales, basically signaling all theaters to move everything the hell out of the way and make the most accommodations they can in terms of show times for it. Full capacity if you will. That’s not something that can happen for a surprise walk up hit. 

So franchise-wise, I just don’t see anything at the moment that can replicate the level of hype EG is having, so that’s why I think it’ll take a while for the record to fall. 

How long? I don’t know, but I think it’ll be at least 5+ years

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

The OW record EG just pulled gonna have to be broken by an established franchise, it’s not gonna be an out-of-nowhere surprise hit.

EG had unprecedented pre-sales, basically signaling all theaters to move everything the hell out of the way and make the most accommodations they can in terms of show times for it. Full capacity if you will. That’s not something that can happen for a surprise walk up hit. 

So franchise-wise, I just don’t see anything at the moment that can replicate the level of hype EG is having, so that’s why I think it’ll take a while for the record to fall. 

How long? I don’t know, but I think it’ll be at least 5+ years

the rise of skywalker will do it!!!!

lolnot

• Haha 1