Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

17 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

This works much, much, better than a conglomeration of 17 movie posters has any right to (yes, 17. 5 are missing. Identify them without looking up any posters, if you dare).

I only count four posters missing.

Edited by TServo2049

1 minute ago, TServo2049 said:

I only count four posters missing.

Hmm, I have:  

Spoiler

Hulk (maybe forgot this one?), Avengers 1, Thor 1, Ant-Man 1, Winter Solider

If any of those do actually appear just point out where and I’ll issue a correction.

11 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Hmm, I have:  

Reveal hidden contents

If any of those do actually appear just point out where and I’ll issue a correction.

No, those are all indeed missing. I forgot about one of those somehow.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lancelot Gold said:

I'm saying under 400 DOM, tried to make a club but forgot the movie needs to be less than a year out. 

I saw your club, good luck with that Avatar 2    1.0B to 1.2 B WW prediction!:hahaha:

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

This works much, much, better than a conglomeration of 17 movie posters has any right to (yes, 17. 5 are missing. Identify them without looking up any posters, if you dare).

Yet, the SM:HC poster even pushed to one corner still manages to be an eyesore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Avatar 2's release is really going to be the day of reckoning of BOT.

All the BOT sagas will end once and for all.

9 Years in the making.

The Cameronites-Marvelites-Jedis-DCites-Potterheads-A24Ites-MiddleEarthites-Nolanites-Tarantinettes will finally meet in one EPIC final battle.

The True Endgame.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Avatar 2's release is really going to be the day of reckoning of BOT.

All the BOT sagas will end once and for all.

9 Years in the making.

The Cameronites-Marvelites-Jedis-DCites-Potterheads-A24Ites-MiddleEarthites-Nolanites-Tarantinettes will finally meet in one EPIC final battle.

The True Endgame.

9 years in the making? Avatar 2 comes out on the 11 year anniversary?

3 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

9 years in the making? Avatar 2 comes out on the 11 year anniversary?

The forum opened at the end of 2011 I believe.

Edited by The Futurist

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Not me. I still remember when people were amazed by the opening weekend for TDK

Saw it at 3:20 am because all the other showtimes were sold out and the theater was still filled.  Didn’t get out the theater until 6am.  Saw it again early afternoon. 

That Movie was a phenom, don’t get it twisted 

Edited by jaybox

That’s just the evolution of box office. When TDK came out it’s midnight showings were far more limited than that of the preview shows today. Ditto for ROTS, SM3, DMC and the other hard hitters of that era.

One cool thing to think about is Iron Man in 2008 actually got Thursday night previews before they were a thing. It did $3.5M. Literally 1/100th of what Endgame did OW.

Idk the growth of the MCU is a fascinating thing. The overseas box office in particular has come a long way since the original trio’s films.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hold up a sec, are you talking about first admissions? It would need like a 3.2x multi to challenge Titanic first run adjusted, and even then it would be far off because of 3D/PLF. If Titanic even is the actual first run admission champ. But I mean, a 3.2x multi is still crazy low for Titanic adjusted numbers when you really let it sink in. 

I don't think it was ever really clear whether Titanic or ET was the adjusted domestic champion for initial run, must have been close. It's one of those, for sure.

1 hour ago, SweeneySwift said:

This was more satisfying than GoT by billions of miles btw

Disappointed with tonight’s episode myself. Didn’t help that I could barely make anything out the episode was just too dark to see. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCsoft said:

Have to admit something though, people's attitude toward Avatar 2 over the years has slowly change from "that movie's gonna flop, won't even make 1B, it's completely irrelevant" to " Its not making 3 Billion, it will likely come under the Avatar WW!".

I followed Avatar's run fairly thoroughly, and have always kept an eye on box office discussions ever since, I'm not making this up. In the extremely unfortunate event that Avatar 2 only makes 2.5B worldwide, people will likely celebrate how correct they are, without realizing how far the goal post has been moved from initial targets...

Really? What about those Avatar will make 5Billies or 6Billies and 4 Billie's is the floor... Don't kid yourself... Avatar 2 has the most overestimated movie before even it's release.   So if it does make 2.5 B sure that will be disappointment :ph34r:... And for the matter no body said Avatar 2 would flop don't make shit up just for the sake of being victimisation

2 hours ago, sahmeelg said:

It might make $1B from China alone. The rest depends on other territories. 3D isn't a fad anymore in many places. It's up to that movie if* it causes another 3D resurgence. Though it's funny how many people on Twitter (under those news tweets about Endgame's OW) want Endgame to get to $3B. They really don't like Avatar having that crown 😂

Or maybe they want Endgame to have that crown.... Because they like it so much and it's breaking records which were deemed impossible...  Also 1B making in China is very hard. I will give it 2% chance... Imagine Wolf Warrior 2 movie which had patriotic things and connected deeply to everyone in China still couldn't do 900M.. What the hell can Avatar 2 fo then? Don't bring Avatar now that it grossed 200M the time was different and China didn't have as much movies locally which were specially made... So no Avatar 2 won't be grossing 1B in China..