Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

not learning for your exams ;):P:D

Can't risk your future for us greedy BO fans (even if highly anticipated :wub: )

I just got free from that. Besides I didn't do any tracking, I just got a Whatsapp text, thought very well share it.

BTW thanks for reminding me to study again and again. I need a mom on internet. Thanks.😍

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 14

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

257.7 counts, and 357.99 would as well. Fingers crossed.      

2nd weekend 207 because of capacity/spillover, 3rd weekend 107, 4th weekend 57. Then the work is done :ph34r:

And it will always be...  :p

Edited by honestbharani

43 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Disney gets 65% on theatrical rentals domestic on Avengers movies.  $850m would yield $552m

I don't think they get 65%. The best of my knowledge is 65% for first 2 weeks for The Last Jedi.

Besides, the gross reported is including tax, returns are after tax.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Iron Man 3 dailies could be good comp for Endgame from 2nd weekdays onward as they have basically same calender. If EG clone IM 3 post 2nd weekend, it will reach 850mn.

IW legs get it to almost exactly TFA. That's why I'll be looking at IW as the comp

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

This one is big for Avengers. I don't think any Hollywood manage this.

Do not know what that bread is. I use bunny bread. Also that picture quality looks like something out of Deviantart.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think they get 65%. The best of my knowledge is 65% for first 2 weeks for The Last Jedi.

Besides, the gross reported is including tax, returns are after tax.

Deadline reported IM3 was 60% and that it was the first time Disney took a greater than 55% split unlike all the other studios for a big tentpole (and they had a tussle with the theaters over that until a couple of days before opening).  By AIW it was definitely 65% as reported by Deadline (think it was earlier though back to CW and maybe AOU)

Sure, but then you'd apply the same tax to any 55% split etc

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

the key for EG is not the following weekdays or the 2nd week end.

The key is and always for me the 3rd week end.

The 3rd WE drop is very very important for legs as Spiderman 1 have showed us long time ago or avatar and its 68m etc...

The first week end is the rush fans or curious

The second is potential spill over and .or reapeat viewing.

The 3rd is when the real WOM kick in the GA not super interested by super heros usually etc etc and after that the wom spread :)

my 2 cents.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

The 3rd WE drop is very very important for legs as Spiderman 1 have showed us long time ago or avatar and its 68m etc...

The 3rd is when the real WOM kick in the GA not super interested by super heros usually etc etc and after that the wom spread :)

my 2 cents.

Also, will show how Endgame is affected by competition (Pikachu).

1 minute ago, Bonenash said:

my 2 cents.

Well said 

Just now, Gavin Feng said:

Have a question

If there are any laws in DOM that limit the screenings/showtimes of films like Endgame, SW7?

No but sometimes there are contractual obligations for theaters to keep films for a certain amount of time which can limit the showings of mega event films a bit

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Do not know what that bread is. I use bunny bread. Also that picture quality looks like something out of Deviantart.

It is an Indian brand.. Biggest in India..

31 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

257.7 counts, and 357.99 would as well. Fingers crossed.      

2nd weekend 207 because of capacity/spillover, 3rd weekend 107, 4th weekend 57. Then the work is done :ph34r:

Actually yeah, it will be 357.5-358. So yeah that will count. Woah. We did it. On page 357.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 8

So in case of Disney movies, the multiplexes get 35% and Disney get's the rest? Good weekend then for the owners of screens, on top of overpriced beverages and food they earn a ton of money. The 65% for Disney is after taxes or 65% of the total ticket price? Weekends like these pay for te cost of equipment of one theater room, lol

27 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

my 2 cents.

I kinda disagree. Even if the weekdays are spillover-boosted, that's still a lot of money that's going in the bank there. Let's say Endgame got a super high spillover boost of 40-39-27-25 for it's weekdays, which gives 131 for the week, vs an average spillover boost of 30-29-20-18, which gives 97. That's 34 million that it doesn't have to gain in late legs to match whatever records we may wish for.

• Like 1