Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wow, having seen this film now, it deserves its numbers.

It's not perfect, but it's really, really, REALLY good. It's different enough to Infinity War to where I don't know how it would compare to it, but I imagine it's perhaps a tad inferior on 1st watch. Just a tad. That being said, there's a good chance that the Russo Bros. have 3 of my top 5 MCU films, with Endgame beating out Black Panther out of it. (And the one movie of theirs BOT hates - Civil War - is still good and y'all are fucking wack.)

Cheers from a fellow Civil War fan!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Spider-Man could end up ruining my "Disney to have the top 4 domestic grossing movies of 2019" club. I think Lion King and Star Wars Episode IX will gross more than Captain Marvel, and I don't see anything from any other studio out-grossing Captain Marvel, so that'll give Disney the top 4. But, if Spider-Man gets a huge bump because of End Game, then it could potentially surpass Captain Marvel, and I may be in trouble. 

Even if Spiderman or other film surpasses CM , Disney still have Frozen 2. I think you're underestimating Frozen 2 .

Edited by Claudio
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Birdo Mandingo said:

when you did that multi for IW did you align China with the opening week? Because using IW multi without accounting for that will throw off the numbers big time.

Yes I tried including every market for both BvS and Infinity War. This includes counting China and Russia (both of which had openings outside of OW for IW). So overall I think the numbers are accurate. Any thing that I may have missed would be small enough to not cause much change

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Birdo Mandingo said:

when you did that multi for IW did you align China with the opening week? Because using IW multi without accounting for that will throw off the numbers big time.

He already added the China OW. I got $2.96B

50 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

Is there a Spider-Man FFH 1 billion WW club yet? I feel like the huge Endgame result will translate to increased interest in Spidey. Iron Man 3 got a similar bump after the first Avengers.

Clubs are supposed to be bold though.   

There is a FFH over IM3 club.

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Russia

not all in dom might be aware about Russia is one of the few countries where A EG starts even latern than the US...

19 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I thought 3D was dead...

1. in a lot of countries 3D is very much alive

2. in a lot of cinemas they simply do not / nearly not offer 2D early into an expected blockbuster, see ticket prices

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sam said:

Going off on 357.7M actuals, a 32.3M Mon would decidedly get it pass right over GOTG Vol.2 for Top 35 domestic.

Where’s your sense of balance Sam? It’s 35M for 35th place or we’ve gotta pack this all up and go home.

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wow, having seen this film now, it deserves its numbers.

It's not perfect, but it's really, really, REALLY good. It's different enough to Infinity War to where I don't know how it would compare to it, but I imagine it's perhaps a tad inferior on 1st watch. Just a tad. That being said, there's a good chance that the Russo Bros. have 3 of my top 5 MCU films, with Endgame beating out Black Panther out of it. (And the one movie of theirs BOT hates - Civil War - is still good and y'all are fucking wack.)

Less than 4 Russo Bros in the top 5 is grand heresy :ph34r:   

Spoiler

An exemption can be made if Iron Man and GotG round out the top 5 with CW at 6, but that’s it ;) 

Edited by Thanos Legion