Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

13 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Less than 4 Russo Bros in the top 5 is grand heresy :ph34r:   

Hide contents

An exemption can be made if Iron Man and GotG round out the top 5 with CW at 6, but that’s it ;) 

GOTG and Avengers round out the top 5 for me. I thought Endgame beat out Black Panther for my top 5, but it actually beats out Iron Man (that's #6, Panther is #7). Civil War, with Endgame out, is outside my top 10 at #11.

I mean, I think it's good, but yeah, there are 10 MCU films above it for me. Still in the top half of the franchise for me, technically :ph34r:

• Like 1

“It is with heavy hearts we announce that our beloved son, father and friend, John Daniel Singleton will be taken off of life support today,” a spokesperson for the family said in a statement to Deadline

• Like 1
  • Sad 19

6 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Damn it Mickey you had better not hoe us over 1 million. We know you you want that “breaks by 100m headline” 

sacrifice the depressed elephant if you have to 

Maybe their original Sunday estimate forgot to take into account some theaters in Puerto Rico.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

“It is with heavy hearts we announce that our beloved son, father and friend, John Daniel Singleton will be taken off of life support today,” a spokesperson for the family said in a statement to Deadline

Nooo!!!😔😭😭

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

A damn shame to read this. RIP.

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

In theory, yes. In practicality, no. Current record set by Black Panther was done on a holiday. 

40.1 may be a stretch though I'm done doubting this movie. It's probably gonna end up #3 though

Edited by Jayhawk
I'm dumb, forgot how close BP and TFA are

13 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Is Monday record possible?

No. Even this gargantuan movie won't be able to pull off $40M+. Black Panther had the benefit of Presidents' Day Monday and Star Wars: The Force Awakens had Christmas holidays.

Though today will be the most impressive regular Monday ever by a landslide.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 4

I imagine it'll fall by over 50% but not by much this upcoming weekend since it's already a long movie and has been playing to maximum capacity. Helps that nothing of note is coming out either (Long Shot and UglyDolls will probably make $12-14M max each).

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Though today will be the most impressive regular Monday ever by a landslide.

Without a doubt, combing through the local theatres in Vancouver I was pretty shocked to see 11am showings nearing capacity. Showtimes throughout the entire day are staggering for a Monday. 

• Like 2