Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I wasn't sure whether to thank you for the compliment or laugh at the idea of me thinking myself a celebrity, so I'm doing both. :lol:

Seeing everyone here have so much fun with these numbers coming out is joy enough for me. Reminds me of what made me made fall in love with box office as a hobby years back. Movies are life.

Amen, brotha!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HenryK81 said:

It's about to become the Chuck Norris of the movie Box Office. Which records will Endgame break? All of them

an old irrelevant bad action star whose movies were never good at all?

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

Not that it matters at this point but @IronJimbo and @Sheldon Cr are thread banned for having post after post with none of them having anything to do with this weekends movies.

Speculating if Endgame can beat Avatar is valid there there is zero reason to talk about Avatar 2 in a numbers thread.  If it happens again the bans will happen quicker.

Take it to the fanboy thread

• Like 3
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 1

Just now, AndyLL said:

Not that it matters at this point but @IronJimbo and @Sheldon Cr are thread banned for having post after post but none of them having anything to do with this weekends movies.

Speculating if Endgame can beat Avatar is valid there there is zero reason to talk about Avatar 2 in a numbers thread.  If it happens again the bans will happen quicker.

Take it to the fanboy thread

Fair enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HenryK81 said:

It's about to become the Chuck Norris of the movie Box Office. Which records will Endgame break? All of them

the real chuck norris of box office is like human centipede or something. in that everyone had their jokes about it but no one ever actually paid to see that shit. i think maybe 6% of the people who make chuck norris jokes have actually suffered through a full chuck norris movie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

That was a quick quote-- got me before I could make a quick edit to gush a little extra. 😍

Haha, my trigger finger is itchy after this weekend. Went back and read the addition to your post. Have an extra Amen then!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the real chuck norris of box office is like human centipede or something. in that everyone had their jokes about it but no one ever actually paid to see that shit. i think maybe 6% of the people who make chuck norris jokes have actually suffered through a full chuck norris movie.

Invasion USA's poster is just great. i will give it that but the rest of the movie...lol no.

Chuck Norris is such a charisma vaccume. He makes Jean Claude Van Damme look oscar worthy.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

This thing gonna have crazy spillovers on weekdays and then fall like 70% on weekend, right lol? 

Cause how else do I explain these numbers that’s happening on an April non-holiday weekday lol.

I thought that was @SteveJaros area of expertise, as he likes to call it a Fall of a CLIFF

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

How about GOTTI, being the go to meme for redditors today. 

2 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

I don't think Endgame beating TFA domestic and Avatar WW is a question anymore. The real question is whether Endgame can reach a billion domestic and 3 billion WW.

Boy have I got a club for you.

• Haha 2

I wonder if it'll be mostly flat through Wednesday, theater i work at is already selling out for Wednesday since apparently school's out due to a teacher walk out. Hmm looking at the showtimes on fandango looks like every show but the 10PM has sold out today, and with an hour to go I think it's a safe bet the last 20 seats will sell. 

Edited by Ledmonkey96

GoT was amazing... will be astounded if I'm half as invested seeing EG tonight, but I've not been the biggest fan of the series. I do think the higher drop on Sunday compared to IW could be indicative of some kind of negative effect.

It will be truly something if it manages a $40m Monday, though. 

11 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I wasn't sure whether to thank you for the compliment or laugh at the idea of me thinking myself a celebrity, so I'm doing both. :lol:

Seeing everyone here have so much fun with these numbers coming out is joy enough. Reminds me of what made me made fall in love with box office as a hobby years back. It's always fun to come in here and share that with like-minded folk such as you and so many others.

Movies are life.

Good to see you post again. I still remember when I joined BOM right after IM1 then came Indy and who can ever forget TDK. That summer was absolutely magical. I'll never forget the $24M Monday thread, hype was so palpable. So many great memories over the past decade.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

tawasal i watched gotti on my birthday last year.

I have been wanting to watch it, but all those memes in the r/moviescirclejerk are making any chance of that happening near to 

non-existent. Is it anything like The Room? 

12 minutes ago, Shawn said:

That was a quick quote-- got me before I could make a quick edit to gush a little extra. 😍

Shawn you are amazing poster and a man whose box office knowledge is unmatched in the whole galaxy. You are in the legends bracket in the hall of fame of box office forums.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I have been wanting to watch it, but all those memes in the r/moviescirclejerk are making any chance of that happening near to 

non-existent. Is it anything like The Room? 

tbh no it's just kinda incompetent in a boring way. travolta is really going full travolta in it though. he's fun.

Edited by CoolioD1