Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I hope Endgame at least makes it into the yearly Top 10 in Japan. Infinity War missed it by a few spots. 

I would like to see how Japan would react if Marvel were to produce the MCU movies into anime. Even just the Infinity War and Endgame. I'm imagining them in my head and they look so pretty.

Just now, sahmeelg said:

I would like to see how Japan would react if Marvel were to produce the MCU movies into anime. Even just the Infinity War and Endgame. I'm imagining them in my head and they look so pretty.

I remember there was an Avengers anime series a few years back. 

This “11 years of waiting” stuff is so silly. We didn’t even know Thanos was involved until the 2012 after credits scene, and 95% of y’all were googling who he was from the theater. 😂

Still, this movie is a behemoth and I can’t wait to see it tomorrow. 

• Knock It Off 1

I've been extremely conservative with this movie ever since it was announced. I was OUT of most of the clubs about it (Over $1 billion opening, Over TFA previews etc) because I didn't want to let the hype get the better of me and end up being disappointed by otherwise amazing grosses... but that was before. Fuck all of that! This movie is not following any rules, every single thing seems to have gone right. The first numbers we are getting are out of this world.This is amazing, like watching the World Cup (I'm a soccer fan), I'm not sure I'll ever witness something like this again, box-office wise.

$300m+ Dom, $300m+ China, $1 billion+ WW opening, let's go!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Endgame’s most impressive achievements is the number of gold accounts it has created. May have to keep it long term. This no ads viewing is beautiful 

Adblock is cheaper :hahaha:

There's 40 pages in this thread already LOL

And just so everyone knows as a moderator I will be lenient this weekend when it comes to people having fun but I will not be lenient with people being idiots. So be forewarned be on your best behavior have lots of fun but if you cross the line I will ban you first and face the consequences later. 

• Like 4

Final Prediction:

Midnights: $65m

Friday: $65m 

Opening Day: $129.5m

Saturday: $85m

Sunday: $75m

Opening weekend: $289.5m - a record that will last a decade (or until Reeves Bats faces Phoenix's Joker)

Even if I hate the film, I am calling it, the reviews and early grosses confirm it, Marvel has done the unthinkable, it's official:

MARVEL > STAR WARS for biggest cinematic brand of all 

This (feels like it) is the most anticipated film of all time. 

THE RISE OF SKYWALKER aint getting close to this bitch

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Knock It Off 2

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

There's 40 pages in this thread already LOL

And just so everyone knows as a moderator I will be lenient this weekend when it comes to people having fun but I will not be lenient with people being idiots. So be forewarned be on your best behavior have lots of fun but if you cross the line I will ban you first and face the consequences later. 

You’re giving us permission to turn this into a shitfest?

tenor.gif

Edited by HouseOfTheSun

What type of multiplier are we looking at? In my mind I  have are a hard time seeing it above 2.5 just due to how massive the open is. And that is not to say it is front loaded, it is just the nature the math.

Like with a 300m OW and 2.5 multi that get us to 750. A 2.5 is pretty weak typically for a well received movie, but it would also mean the movie made 450 million AFTER the OW which is extremely impressive.

• Like 1