Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

will this thread bless us with its equivalent of fassbender hobbit dick or CJohn at the playground? make the old-timers proud for once. 

Should I play my trump card early, or wait until we're a few pages in? 🤔

Edited by CoolEric258

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Endgame, Kingdom Hearts, GOT, Gotham and Taylor Swift? This week will destroy us all.

CoolEric over here forgetting about War of the Spark and She-ra season 2 :sadno:

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

People will realize (and most have realized already) that the event of the weekend is Endgame not some random TV episode :stirthepot:

Oh sure GOT wont derail it in, but there are millions of people who absolutely will not be going Endgame showing after 5pm. Also, the demographic that GOT draws in is also the same demographic that goes to movies on a sunday evening on a school night. 

It will be minor, but just enough to keep it under 300m. Like with no GOT my prediction would be 294-295, which might be close enough to 300m for Disney to go ahead and fudge things. 

The runtime is kind of a paradox. So if it had lets the same runtime as IW, but getting the same screens it is getting it could potentially, go north of say 310. But if you forced 30 min off the movie it would likely be an inferior product and thus sell less tickets over the course of the weekend. Then you add in that theaters in many place have compensated for the run time by dedicating more screens it is a wash except for the small to mid size cinemas that have no more screens to give. 

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

CoolEric over here forgetting about War of the Spark and She-ra season 2 :sadno:

Reminds me that I need to get around to seeing She-Ra. Heard a lotta good things from peeps I trust

Edited by CoolEric258

2 hours ago, Rorschach said:

That epic opening post tho

giphy.gif

I made a deal with @CJohn that I would do the Endgame thread, while he had the Pikachu thread. Homeboy's gonna have to work pretty hard to top me (pause)

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I made a deal with @CJohn that I would do the Endgame thread, while he had the Pikachu thread. Homeboy's gonna have to work pretty hard to top me (pause)

@CJohn and the mods should bring back the Pikachu emoticons for that weekend.

• Like 1