Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Avatar 2 will NOT bomb. I have doubts it'll go as high as fans say it will - hell I have doubts it will top the first one - but you can bet the marketing and hype in December 2020 will be off the charts. You're going to see Pandora stuff everywhere. It'll be a huge event and thus come nowhere close to bombing.

But will people care?... Avatar is literally unknown and forgotten. This isn’t going to be a  “Jurassic world” where the first movie is beyond iconic and loved.  I don’t think it will even reach 1 billion. 

• Knock It Off 1

I don't understand why some people are debating over Star Wars and Avatar in Endgame. 

Guys, this is Endgame thread. You may not be fan of Marvel but at least you can enjoy the Box office. 

There is some toxicity in the thread. Let's leave that out. 

Hail, LORD FEIGE

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-fandango-biggest-preseller-of-all-time-1202602025/

"Fandango officially reports today that Avengers: Endgame before opening at 6PM tonight, is officially their biggest ticket preseller of all-time with 8K showtimes already sold out coast to coast (and beyond), from Hilo, Hawaii to Newington, New Hampshire.

This easily crushes Fandango’s previous record holder, Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Did infinity war open in China at the same time as everywhere else? Cause the multi would be skewed otherwise. 

I mean from the all markets global opening. So accounting for China and Russia for IW and Russia for Endgame.   

There is some skewing from China being a 5-day this time, but with the Sunday being a workday and the 4 day holidays next week it should about balance out to about the same legs in that territory as IW.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Just now, HeadShot said:

What makes you think Avatar will be a billion dollar success? The movie isn’t remembered or iconic and no one asked for a sequel. What exactly will get people interested? 

Oh God.

The short version:

1) Avatar made 2,78B Worldwide.

-> That means many people saw it.

->And many must have liked it, otherwise it wouldnt have grossed that much.

2) The film is coming out in December and thus will have great help from the Holidays for legs. Also, it will be positioned as the big action tentpole of the season, scaring away heavy competition. The exact same tactic just made Aquaman into a 1,1B grosser.

3) We have no marketing yet. No trailers, no posters nothing. Lets wait, shall we? A single teaser can make Avatar 2 into one of the most anticipated films of 2020.

4) It will be an actiion-heavy visual spectacle. That fares very well in Asia, especially China.

And more and more and more

I dont want to go on, you get the idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Exactly 5 hours away from my showing. hkjb guoidxvknjblsiuaDJBVHKkzi haJNAVBKDHSfilzJSVLNADBK SJNB I: OJVLNSBADVKMNLAD snkvzbhiuHSOA:DNLbsjkvdhiajblajkdvh;scjABF UVINOEUMITNIACMAITJXRH "XIJHjbjjn

WE'RE IN THE ENDGAME NOW FUCKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jatinder said:

No thread bans yet. What a downer.

The weekend's early. Perhaps we ought to ban anyone with access to numbers... that would generate some interesting reactions. 😶

57 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So how bad you guys want shitposting?

The great weekend threads of the past were not because of shitposting.  It was an organic and orgasmic trip into topics unexpected. Hopefully those days will come back

5 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

But will people care?... Avatar is literally unknown and forgotten. This isn’t going to be a  “Jurassic world” where the first movie is beyond iconic and loved.  I don’t think it will even reach 1 billion. 

Do you have any concept on how box office works?

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I mean from the all markets global opening. So accounting for China and Russia for IW and Russia for Endgame.   

There is some skewing from China being a 5-day this time, but with the Sunday being a workday and the 4 day holidays next week it should about balance out to about the same legs in that territory as IW.

Well that makes sense. I’m hoping for a number as high as possible. This is probably the last movie that has a chance at beating Avatar’s exchange rate lucky gross.  

12 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

and gone with the wind adjusts to a trillion dollars in the U.S. There is a reason we generally don’t use adjusted numbers but whatever makes you happy, I don’t want to be threabanned because my last thread ban was way too easy compared  what is allowed for other people.

....Annnnnnndd with that said Force Awakens still with 936 million. So there's non adjusted numbers. Has any MCU movie aside from Endgame which hasn't officially opened yet beaten Force Awakens total gross? Yes or no?  The answer is no.

Even Rogue One outgrossed every MCU film aside from Black Panther, Avengers, and Infinity War and (soon to be) Endgame domestically.

3 soon to be 4 MCU movies outgrossed Last Jedi but none will outgross Force Awakens domestically.  So once again, Star Wars peaked higher in the states. This isn't a diss towards MCU ya'll, calm down. lol. I thought IW was a borderline blockbuster/genre masterpiece. Nonetheless I'm just giving my straight up opinion.

That said I'm not flustered by Solo "flopping" as no one wanted to see that movie and won't rush to say because of that and Last Jedi that MCU "has and always will be bigger in the US" that's just false. 

Edited by jaybox

21 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

I’m sure breaking even is what a studio has in mind when they spend time and money on making a blockbuster.  Alita bombed and Avatar 2 will probably as well. 

Oh keep predicting that, I can understand your love for MCU, honestly, but saying Avatar 2 will probably bomb, is simply delusional and unfit for someone who's a member at BOT. Even Reddit people are smarter than that these days...😉

5 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

The weekend's early. Perhaps we ought to ban anyone with access to numbers... that would generate some interesting reactions. 😶

The great weekend threads of the past were not because of shitposting.  It was an organic and orgasmic trip into topics unexpected. Hopefully those days will come back

Double post ? 🤔 Or is it intentional?

9 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Moderation:

OK... let's not get I to the WW vs CM discussion again.... that led to thread bans last time

Let them! We have a threadban quota to fill.

Ok people... we're getting into fanboy war territory here.

We're trying to be lenient in this thread this weekend so don't ruin it.

Everyone has their own opinions on what movies are great.  You're not going to convince anyone else to your point of view. 

Take it somewhere else

• Like 3

So, I read the EW article on Endgame...and something struck me.  

It was a question - will we think of these movies 30 years from now?  And if we do, will we think of them as we do Star Wars (ala, it's still the most amazing thing we've ever seen and we're keeping it in our top 10 movie series ever done) or as we do a movie series whose time has come and gone...

Not having watched Endgame, but having actually watched the 1st 21 of 22 of these movies (go, me - 1 to go after Endgame), I think this will be the Star Wars of this generation...so wildly popular and enduring that you can't redo "this" one...ever...there's no going back to this saga for a long, long time.

The good thing is that they don't have to go back b/c of the sheer decades of material from the comics...but in this movie series, we are living through what will be done probably only once in our lives...just like no one has remade the Star Wars OT, we likely won't ever get a Thanos/Infinity War/Endgame set up again...

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, MadmenEndgame said:

I don't understand why some people are debating over Star Wars and Avatar in Endgame. 

Guys, this is Endgame thread. You may not be fan of Marvel but at least you can enjoy the Box office. 

There is some toxicity in the thread. Let's leave that out. 

Hail, LORD FEIGE

Lol. I'm confused though. I said MCU has surpassed Star Wars worldwide and I just said IW was a borderline masterpiece. How does that not make one a fan of Marvel? I also said I hope Endgame beats Avatar and that domestically it would gross 850 million.....

How is that toxic hate? Because I said I doubt that it beats Force Awakens 936 million? Just slightly confused, I love the site been lurkin for years and i love Box Office; not really flustered by the whole keyboard warrior thing. *Shrugs*. Just a poster giving his opinion. Didn't mean for things to get "toxic." lol

While im pretty certain that Endgame will cruise past Black Panthers 700M at this point, i dont see it going much higher than 740-770M (Avatar territory), simply because of competition. Pikachu, Aladdin, John Wick and Godzilla is quite the strong lineup.

• Like 1