Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

22 minutes ago, Stewart said:

But it's Disney, so an Infinity Saga remake will come in 10-15 years time.

Since it was live action, they will remake it in animation.. Nostalgia will be very high. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

Will these Marvel movies stand the test of time? Will people in, say 30 years regard them as classics or as disposable entertainment?

impossible to know cause shared universe compels people to watch previous movies. it isn't like one and done and then 10-50 years later one can judge whether the movie stood the test of time or not. Titanic did. but movies that make sequels and anything connected to them constantly refresh audience's memory. heck, even 2 Hulk movies are remembered cause Hulk is prominent in TA Saga. so assuming MCU will be going strong in the next 30 years, these movies won't be forgotten though there will be different levels of appreciation as there are now. TWS will be still highly regarded in 30 years I think because it's the least driven by current pop cultural references and has a timeless concept. 

Tony and Cap are and will remain iconic. the rest can go either way, but Hulk, Thor, BW and GOTG shouldn't be far behind. Spiderman has already been an icon so he doesn't count.

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Since it was live action, they will remake it in animation.. Nostalgia will be very high. :ph34r:

Then remake 15 years after that with Live-Action Animation. You know, of the photorealistic kind :ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

MCU is certainly very important and relevant, however, single films within MCU don't have that high of a status, MCU is important as a whole. The fact that someone has to drag the biggest film franchise of all time to compare to Avatar, is actually a compliment to Avatar. 

MCU as a whole is a bigger achievement. We have seen successful trilogies/franchises before. But never like this. Also like mentioned before: Black panther. 

Considered going to see it later but CBA.

Also debating whether to even participate in this weekend thread. You know what happened last time I was in a weekend thread for a huge movie 😬

20 minutes ago, Alli said:

Critique Avatar all you want, but it brought innovation to movie making. What did Marvel bring...anything extraordinary?

Movies are meant for entertainment generally by that logic how many Oscar winner movies bought innovation ?

People in here joking about an animated remake of the MCU in 15 years.    

Feige beat you to the punch. He’s a true visionary. The animated MCU remake begins airing in less than 1 year :Gaga:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

MCU as a whole is a bigger achievement. We have seen successful trilogies/franchises before. But never like this. Also like mentioned before: Black panther. 

MCU is the most successful film franchise ever (if it counts as one singular franchise), and pushed in a new era of "shared Universes", accumulated a massive fan-base over 11 years and changed the commercial blockbuster landscape (for the worse, I'd argue), its accomplishment speaks for itself.

Avatar is the definitive film in this century that pushed industry technology forward in terms of 3D, performance capture, and CGI quality, it's the biggest film of the 2000s decade, and one of the most impressive global box office run ever (following Titanic), and the current highest grossing film of all time. Its accomplishment also speaks for itself.

I see no contradictions and I don't see how BP is relevant at all.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

A friend of mine is the manager at one of the big Los Angeles theaters and he's cautioned me that ENDGAME's Sunday numbers are lagging quite a bit behind INFINITY WAR's for the same day.

I thought he was fucking with me, but he says he's serious.

GoT effect by the look of it. I also saved Sunday for all day GoT prep.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Movies are meant for entertainment generally by that logic how many Oscar winner movies bought innovation ?

Oscar movies bring innovation with their stories. Not all of them....many are undeserving. Do Marvel movies have interesting stories that will stand the test of time? Most are the same story. Marvel movies don't have groundbreaking effects that change the industry, nor stories that will be fondly remembered

Edited by Alli

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Do Marvel movies have interesting stories that will stand the test of time? Most are the same story. Marvel movies don't have groundbreaking effects that change the industry, nor stories that will be fondly remembered

Boy, that’s quite a heady dose of myopia

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

People in here joking about an animated remake of the MCU in 15 years.    

Feige beat you to the punch. He’s a true visionary. The animated MCU remake begins airing in less than 1 year :Gaga:

Are you talking about Frozen II? Is Elsa some kind of Avenger now?