Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Really, even if it's an important episode, you think it would have that much influence?

I sincerely doubt it. PS for Endgame overall is 3x at minimum over IW. Most places, Sunday will be enormous. Their is simply no other day in the weekend to get a good seat for many. 

Last two two weeks have seen virtually no change. Doubt it happens this week either. 

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Oscar movies bring innovation with their stories. Not all of them....many are undeserving. Do Marvel movies have interesting stories that will stand the test of time? Most are the same story

There are arguments for both sides, but to be honest I forget about most Best Picture winners within a couple years. Not like they stand the test of time either, unless you're a Gone With the Wind, Ben-HurSound of Music, or Titanic.

Really, I couldn't give a flying fuck about the artistic integrity of films like The Artist or Moonlight. I remember movies I had a great time seeing in cinemas, not the ones judged by a bunch of blowhards as best picture of the year. This is what the Spielberg's and the Nolan's and the Cameron's of the world GET: it's about the cinematic experience and only that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

GoT effect by the look of it. I also saved Sunday for all day GoT prep.

As did I. I figured after 3 straight days of Endgame I'm going to need a break and Sunday with the NBA playoffs and GoT is perfect.

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

GoT effect by the look of it. I also saved Sunday for all day GoT prep.

You are no true fan then... What's so special about that stupid TV fight? Even Bollywood movies have better action than GoT :ph34r:

• Knock It Off 2

12 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I'd be interested to know what theater, because mine is already over 50% sold for Sunday and many of the ones we track are north of that. 

In my area, the only tickets I could find for Sunday are in the first row. And most of those are around the edges because front-row center seats are gone. My second viewing will have to be midweek since the second weekend is already filling up, too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Talkie said:

In my area, the only tickets I could find for Sunday are in the first row. And most of those are around the edges because front-row center seats are gone. My second viewing will have to be midweek since the second weekend is already filling up, too. 

Looking at my Sunday breakdown of my AMC from a little while back, I don't think I've seen a better Sunday there.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

giphy.gif

@Sam this one's for you

I really wish I had skills to manipulate gifs because I always wanted to make one of Thanos throwing the moon in IW but instead of throwing shards of the moon he's throwing dollars lol.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

A friend of mine is the manager at one of the big Los Angeles theaters and he's cautioned me that ENDGAME's Sunday numbers are lagging quite a bit behind INFINITY WAR's for the same day.

I thought he was fucking with me, but he says he's serious.

I have not really seen a GOT effect really here in Canada 

however i remember RTH saying during Ultron that the Boxing fight caused no negative effect in Canada for Saturday. 

so... 😶

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

Oscar movies bring innovation with their stories. Not all of them....many are undeserving. Do Marvel movies have interesting stories that will stand the test of time? Most are the same story. Marvel movies don't have groundbreaking effects that change the industry, nor stories that will be fondly remembered

Movies were born for entertainment purposes... Thst is the main reason. Why do you think Star Wars is so big in US even when no movie topped Avatar? It's a pop culture phenomenon. Innovation is nice and all but that's not how you compare movies

1 minute ago, AJ2k said:

I really wish I had skills to manipulate gifs because I always wanted to make one of Thanos throwing the moon in IW but instead of throwing shards of the moon he's throwing dollars lol.

I....can't really do this either? :sparta:

Spoiler

I stopped making gifs mostly when I got a Macbook

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

Oscar movies bring innovation with their stories. Not all of them....many are undeserving. Do Marvel movies have interesting stories that will stand the test of time? Most are the same story. Marvel movies don't have groundbreaking effects that change the industry, nor stories that will be fondly remembered

I believe at least Infinity War will (as long as Endgame sticks the landing which it seems like it has from reactions). It seems to have already entered the zeitgeist. I've come across so many references and discussions of it in completely unrelated places. In addition, I would classify the inter-weaving storytelling of the MCU as whole, as innovative. At the very least it has spawned countless failed imitators, much like Avatar launched a trend of poorly done 3D conversions in the name of chasing a quick buck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1