Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Wow it’s been awhile. I’ve low key been lurking leading up to release but there’s something about a movie that’s on the cusp of doing something magical that brings me back to the good ole days of posting like a madman. Forums are something else for movies like this and it doesn’t happen very often.

I know I’m extremely late to the game but here’s how I think the weekend will play out 

Midnights: 65m

Friday: 74m (139m OD)

Saturday: 89m (+20%)

Sunday: 76.5m (-14%)

OW: 304.5m 

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

As I head out to catch my first showing, a thought crossed my mind. Could you guys imagine the chaos of a weekend like this if reserve seating didn’t exist? People would be camping out days in advance to get good seats for their showing. 

On that note: bless whoever came up with reserve seatings and saved us from that chaos. Too bad they couldn’t save us from Thanos as we are in the end game now. See ya on the other side folks! 

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Exhibit A: Star Wars before the reserved seating era. I vaguely remember watching news reports as a kid talking about people camping out in tents for the prequel films, especially The Phantom Menace. Saw the same in documentaries about the OT as well.

I saw TFA on the tail end of no-reserved seating locally.

What the theater I went to did was hand out wristbands early in the morning and then let folks in by waves (color coded wrist bands, naturally).  Meant I could show up, get my wristband, go home, and still get a decent seat.

So that wasn't really reserved, but did mean I didn't have to show up three hours early to see a showing.

Part of me actually misses those days.  The fun camaraderie of a line buzzing with anticipation.  Meeting and taking with fellow fans.  Chants going up. The whole communal experience and all that.

Though as I get older more and more of me doesn't miss it, I must admit. :lol:

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

I saw TFA on the tail end of no-reserved seating locally.

What the theater I went to did was hand out wristbands early in the morning and then let folks in by waves (color coded wrist bands, naturally).  Meant I could show up, get my wristband, go home, and still get a decent seat.

So that wasn't really reserved, but did mean I didn't have to show up three hours early to see a showing.

Part of me actually misses those days.  The fun camaraderie of a line buzzing with attention.  Meeting and taking with fellow fans.  Chants going up. The whole communal experience and all that.

Though as I get older more and more of me doesn't miss it, I must admit. :lol:

Amen. I've said this on a few occasions. I love reserved seating, but even the biggest movie events nowadays don't feel like those of 10+ years ago. Like you said: the communal experience. It was a good opportunity for you and your friends to park yourselves wherever you were standing/sitting in line and break out a deck of cards or something to kill the time. 

What I would have done to have a smartphone back then. Now those would have helped.

The legs on that are gonna be insane.  No joke.  It's pure fan service, but it feels like earned fan service.  Also, Best Picture.  Gotta snatch all those trophies.  On SUCH a high.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, blackspider said:

Wow it’s been awhile. I’ve low key been lurking leading up to release but there’s something about a movie that’s on the cusp of doing something magical that brings me back to the good ole days of posting like a madman. Forums are something else for movies like this and it doesn’t happen very often.

I know I’m extremely late to the game but here’s how I think the weekend will play out 

Midnights: 65m

Friday: 74m (139m OD)

Saturday: 89m (+20%)

Sunday: 76.5m (-14%)

OW: 304.5m 

I see it like this. Remeber IW? It did 39M on Thursday night and 67M on pure Friday. Assuming Thurs night and Fri night are similarly packed, that means 18M matinees. So Endgame should at least do 20M matinees right? That's 85M pure Friday i think.

150M OD (65 + 85)

100M Sat (+17%)

90M Sun (-10% thanks to spillover)

OW: 340M

Edited by nguyenkhoi282

2 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I see it like this. Remeber IW? It did 39M on Thursday night and 67M on pure Friday. Assuming Thurs night and Fri night are similarly packed, that means 28M matinees. So Endgame should at least do 30M matinees right? That's 95M pure Friday i think.

160M OD (65 + 95)

110M Sat (+17%)

99M Sun (-10% thanks to spillover)

OW: 369M @Brainbug

Fify

54-58 for previews seems likely after seeing the various reports yesterday and today.  Then FSS add 2-5m each day on top of what IW did, low end 279, high end 288.

I think Deadline will start at 45 though with their early preview article if they do one tonight.

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, MattW said:

I think Deadline will start at 45 though with their early preview article if they do one tonight.

0JjyCks.gif

(change the word "men" to "websites" in this case. :ph34r:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jatinder said:

I don't know why, now that it is certain that it will do 1.1 billie in weekend. I am missing that excitement. Come Sunday if it do 300mn in USA, I will be like yeah whatever. That's default number.

Screw you MCU for making a billion weekend uninteresting.

Only thing that can pump up is tomorrow I am watching it. So yayy.

8 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah, it is the same. Staggered release with too many stupid numbers from Asia and Europe has broken me. DOM will come in at 310 and I’ll shrug :(     

Seeing movie in 5 hours though, maybe that will reinvigorate me.

6 hours ago, justvision said:

I think both of you are significantly sleep deprived, thus severely affecting  restoration of dopamine which is already much depleted due to intense excitement in past few days.

Hear me buddies, go get some good quality sleep before you go see Endgame, otherwise one of the pinnacles of blockbuster movies might even turn out meh for you.

Thanks for the concern. I didn’t get any more sleep, but I did see the movie.    

It is all good. I am cured. I am the most excited for this movie and its box office as I have ever been about anything.    

Every dollar above 2.5B will be treasured.     

Every dollar, if any, above Avatar will be treasured.   

Every dollar, if any, above 3B will be treasured.   

Bring on the ludicrous box office returns. Bring them all. Fatigue is impossible.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1