Eric Atreides

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

9 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I see it like this. Remeber IW? It did 39M on Thursday night and 67M on pure Friday. Assuming Thurs night and Fri night are similarly packed, that means 18M matinees. So Endgame should at least do 20M matinees right? That's 85M pure Friday i think.

150M OD (65 + 85)

100M Sat (+17%)

90M Sun (-10% thanks to spillover)

OW: 340M

Even my 304-305m is on my pessimistic range but I’ve been known to let expectations get the best of me in the past and while anything less than a groundbreaking opening would be seen as slightly disappointing let’s do remember that we are in truly unchartered territory here so what applied to previous blockbusters are merely a guide and that’s it.

I feel the preview number is already inflated to make it act more like Star Wars for the preview/true Friday split but then it course corrects and has a typical heathy Saturday marvel bump followed by a strong hold on Sunday. 

Should be fun, can’t wait to see how it all shakes out.

47 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Think I’m going to get second showing tickets for Tuesday. I want to experience the crowd at its best because something like this is not going to come around for a while. 

Were you not there opening night for the force awakens?

Just now, baumer said:

Were you not there opening night for the force awakens?

That was crazy.  We got there 2 hours early and still about 150th in line.  Lines snaked around the theater.   Took 45 minutes to get through concussions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

That was crazy.  We got there 2 hours early and still about 150th in line.  Lines snaked around the theater.   Took 45 minutes to get through concussions.

Now that's commitment folks.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

That's one rowdy movie-going audience. And an even more impressive recovery time from serious head injuries.

3 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Oh god were you alright.

2 minutes ago, Horner said:

Now that's commitment folks.

2 minutes ago, svetlana99 said:

That's one rowdy movie-going audience. And an even more impressive recovery time from serious head injuries.

Damn... that's what I get for replying on Google for spelling mistakes. 😑

6 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Wow, I can’t believe it took so long just to buy sodas and some popcorn.

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Wow, I can’t believe it took so long just to buy sodas and some popcorn.

You're missing the fun in Japanese thread. Even they're joining the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmygod:

Endgame is up 151% on IW so far.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 6

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Thursday Night Previews Currently A Marvel Record With $43M – Early B.O. Read

EXCLUSIVE: We are hearing at this point in time from industry sources that Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame has collected around $43M so far tonight after starting showtimes at 6PM. That’s easily a record preview night for a Marvel movie besting the $39M made by Avengers: Infinity War a year ago.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

FIRST RECORD THAT ENDGAME HAS BROKEN: Most pages in a weekend thread before any numbers come in.

Previous record-holder was BATB weekend thread which had 88 pages before Thursday numbers came in

That was a shitposting extravaganza.

Just now, That One Guy said:

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Thursday Night Previews Currently A Marvel Record With $43M – Early B.O. Read

Oh...oh no. (Yes I  know it'll get updated and probably do way better shut up)

Edited by CoolEric258

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Thursday Night Previews Currently A Marvel Record With $43M – Early B.O. Read

edit: so that was the reason it didn't want to post... too many at once 😉

We are hearing at this point in time from industry sources that Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame has collected around $43M so far tonight after starting showtimes at 6PM. That’s easily a record preview night for a Marvel movie besting the $39M made by Avengers: Infinity War a year ago.

West Coast shows began an hour ago and it’s close to 10PM here in New York.  Tonight’s figures do not come from Disney, but from Deadline sources.

However the night is still young and some believe that the Russo Brothers-directed sequel has a shot to topple the record preview night held by 2015’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($57M, which repped 48% of its first day Friday of $119.1M for a $247.9M three-day), but it’s still too early to call that record, and Endgame has a ways to go. Giving Endgame some cushion are K-12 schools on break: 11% were off today and 13% tomorrow. There’s also 4% colleges on break.

Note Endgame previews started an hour earlier than Infinity War‘s which were at 7PM. That pic’s $39M Thursday repped 37% of its Friday ($106.3M) which resulted in the domestic opening weekend of all-time with $257.6M. Many believe Endgame will feasibly break that.

Tonight’s gargantuan numbers for the Avengers grand finale make sense: Deadline learned from industry sources earlier this week that overall pre-sales were between $120M-$140M before opening. Also, Fandango reported today that Endgame was their top preseller ever, from Hawaii to New Hampshire, with exhibitors scrambling to add new showtimes.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1