movies!movies!

Salem’s Lot | Warner Bros.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3557632/james-wan-producing-new-adaptation-stephen-kings-salems-lot/

A new adaptation of Stephen King‘s Salem’s Lot is on the way, The Wrap reports tonight, with James Wan producing and Gary Dauberman (It, The Nun) writing the script.

The novel, published in 1975, follows a writer who returns to the town of Jerusalem’s Lot where he lived as a child, only to discover everyone he used to know is now a vampire.

Fresh off Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Tobe Hooper directed the very first adaptation of Salem’s Lot back in 1979, and a mini-series followed in its wake more recently, in 2004.

Roy Lee and Mark Wolper will also produce, with Dauberman exec producing.

Edited by movies!movies!

20 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Go away Gary Dauberman.

I think he is good when adapting other material ("It") but no hot when doing basically original material.

it has been done twice for TV, but neither version really lives up to the potential of the novel.

55 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think he is good when adapting other material ("It") but no hot when doing basically original material.

it has been done twice for TV, but neither version really lives up to the potential of the novel.

IT was a shit adaptation. I'm not even a fan of the novel but everything that was cool and frightening about it was gone and replaced with a rushed forgettable funhouse ride. 

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

Love the book and would like a big screen adaptation, but I'm with Jake on this one - It blew chunks. First was meh, fun enough but too fun, but the second one was just trash. Felt more like the Avengers with kids than a horror movie. Used all the same quips and character beats and atmospherics as an MCU movie.