google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
Cappoedameron

Welcome to the stadium. Get ready for the ultimate showdown. Pikachu vs Endgame. Bring all your skills. Bring all your courage. The Pokemon match of all time is here.

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

True but so did Shazam.

Comparing Shazam! to a massive global sensation like Pokemon makes no sense to me.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mentioned this in weekend thread...i think pika will have that "well this is different" vibe going for it. I think Pika outdoes endgame in its open weekend. Close but ill say Pika 95.3 ....endgame 89.2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tinalera said:

I mentioned this in weekend thread...i think pika will have that "well this is different" vibe going for it. I think Pika outdoes endgame in its open weekend. Close but ill say Pika 95.3 ....endgame 89.2

 

7 hours ago, Brinatico said:

Pika 100M > EG 85M

Either of these would be so cool to see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's possible depends on reviews for Pika. No one other than BOP is predicting anything close to 80+ and it's going to need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Pika breaks out with over 100. 

 

 e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If DP has a RT score of 95% RT and Cinema A+ I see 100+ OW. Typical score and I'd be shocked to see do it better than 75 OW. Mediocre reviews, 60ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

OUT. Pikachu isn’t showing in my honest opinion when tracking at my theater, the traction it needs for an OW over $70M+ when compared to other family/animated films.

What's your prediction for OW? I was thinking 65 +/- 2.5 million depending on reviews/wom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

What's your prediction for OW? I was thinking 65 +/- 2.5 million depending on reviews/wom

I’ll do mine later in the afternoon.

 

Again this is judging off of my theater(s).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so now we know what kind of drop Endgame had in it's 2nd weekend. It had a -59.5%  drop.

 

So with that knowledge now we look towards Endgames 3rd weekend and Pikachu's opening weekend. Which right now it's tracking range is literally ridiiculous. Anywhere from 55M all the way to 80M. 

 

And both Infinity War and Avengers had horrific movies opening against them and they kept -45%. Now Pikachu unlike those other films is competition. So this could truly end up being a battle.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still out! $50-55m train baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OUT.

 

Avengers: Age Of Ultron fell 50% on its third weekend against Pitch Perfect and Mad Max (both of the openers combine to $115M) and while Pikachu is more family skewing and can make a case for direct competition I can’t see Endgame falling lower than that and at my theaters at least seems to be heading towards a $50M-$60M OW for Pikachu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

OUT.

 

Avengers: Age Of Ultron fell 50% on its third weekend against Pitch Perfect and Mad Max (both of the openers combine to $115M) and while Pikachu is more family skewing and can make a case for direct competition I can’t see Endgame falling lower than that and at my theaters at least seems to be heading towards a $50M-$60M OW for Pikachu

My theater is almost sold out for friday and saturday shows so...what do I make of that? I say it's heading for a 70-80M OW. 

 

BTW I was more referring to Avengers which had Battleship and Infinity War which had Life of the Party and Breaking In. Both movies were at -45%. Pikachu unlike those other films is competition.

Edited by Cappoedameron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the bright side, if Detective Pikachu doesn't beat Avengers, it can still earn enough to be one of highest grossing films that never hit #1 domestic! That's a honor it can share with films like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, A Star is Born (2018), and Interstellar!

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 12:14 AM, Slambros said:

IN. Not everyone wants to see the same movie multiple times.

IN, everyone will want to watch Detective Pikachu several times on OW.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

My theater is almost sold out for friday and saturday shows so...what do I make of that? I say it's heading for a 70-80M OW. 

 

BTW I was more referring to Avengers which had Battleship and Infinity War which had Life of the Party and Breaking In. Both movies were at -45%. Pikachu unlike those other films is competition.

I get that as well as the fact all theaters are different, but what about Thursday.

 

I know and AoU with weaker WOM than Endgame, facing Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max ($69M and $45M OWs), I don’t see Endgame falling worse than that especially when I think the combined OW total for Pikachu+Poms+Hustle will be lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 6:33 AM, Thanos Legion said:

Pika breaks out with over 100. 

 

OUT :sparta:

Pika with a respectable 75M.   

 

OUT

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.