The Wild Eric

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

32 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

So if I take it further for the weekend....this is with BP/IW percentages except I'm calculating a 35% Sunday drop ala Disney's usual weekend estimate.

Total Weekdays: 118.8  

Fri 47.16 (+102%)
    77.81 (+65%)
    50.58 (-35%)

2nd Weekend: 175.5 (-51%)

Total after 2nd WE: 651.42  

If you Thursday is correct and then the weekend is close I'm going to be ecstatic. Hell anything 150+ is awesome

1 hour ago, HeadShot said:

Warner Bros. trying yet again to sabotage End Game by moving up the embargo. It's beyond obvious at this point. Sucks for them that their GOT plan failed and hopefully this will as well. 

Don't listen to everyone else, HeadShot.  I'm right there with you.

How DARE WB try to promote their movie.  How DARE they try to boost their flagging pre-sales.  Why, I personally think it is an abomination that they are even attempting to get folks to talk about their movie and establish some buzz for it.  I mean, it'll be a massive

*checks notes*

seven days from opening night at that point.  Who tries to build buzz for a film seven days out, anyway?

OUTRAGEOUS! 

• Haha 25

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

How DARE WB try to promote their movie.  How DARE they try to boost their flagging pre-sales.  Why, I personally think it is an abomination that they are even attempting to get folks to talk about their movie and establish some buzz for it.  I mean, it'll be a massive

*checks notes*

seven days from opening night at that point.  Who tries to build buzz for a film seven days out, anyway?

OUTRAGEOUS! 

This is why I platonically love you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Sat. Maaaaaaybe Friday with a strong trajectory, but I doubt it.

Man before Sunday would be awesome though. Crazy the staying power of it. Separate of End Game it's a fun movie that is light and easy to watch.

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*checks notes*

OUTRAGEOUS! 

It's the deep state WB man. Out there to ruin the success of even bigger conglomerate. (S)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, blackspider said:

Is this even gonna past Get Out at this point? Still an amazing performance but outside of its OW, it’s done nothing but fall like a rock. 

Us was divisive and got hit hard by Pet Semetary and Curse of La Llorona.

8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Us was divisive and got hit hard by Pet Semetary and Curse of La Llorona.

Right but the fact it might not even be able to have a higher total than Get Out when it at one point had a 50m lead on it is a little disappointing. It’s gonna be close.

Glass had very divisive WOM and it still managed a 2.75 multiplier. I think Us just had overwhelming rush-out factor comparable to last years Halloween which also fell hard despite strong reviews and overall positive sentiment. 

Edited by blackspider

Just now, blackspider said:

Right but the fact it might not even be able to have a higher total than Get Out when it at one point had a 50m lead on it is a little disappointing. It’s gonna be close.

Glass had very divisive WOM and it still managed a 2.75 multiplier. I think Us just had overwhelming rush-out factor comparable to last years Halloween which also fell hard despite strong reviews and overall positive sentiment. 

That's probably part of it as well. 

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

If it's any consolation as of noon EST it's now over both :lol:

[and just did about $37m on Tues in China]

It's about damn time! Now let's see if this flop can get to 600m before Sunday :apocalypse:

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

*checks notes*

OUTRAGEOUS! 

A-ha! So you are really a resident WB shill and that stuff about SW was just a ruse! :sparta:

• Thanks 1