The Wild Eric

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

58 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

My local theaters arent selling nearly as well today as they were yesterday. Yesterday all shows were either sold out or almost full (less then 10 seats left), today, most of the morning shows have all passed without even almost selling out. The later shows are doing much better, but it didn't have the same amount of early morning business as it did yesterday, at least not here in my neck of the woods.

I’m seeing the same thing. Morning and early afternoon shows (except for PLFs) had plenty of seats, north of 70% empty for most. Everything between 4-9 is doing well and some sellouts are likely. After 9, it’s a ghost town. There’s a 10:15 pm showing in a theater that seats 375 or so and no tickets have been sold for it. I’m guessing there will be 10-12% drop today due to the massive demand met so far and discount Tuesday prices.

21 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I’m seeing the same thing. Morning and early afternoon shows (except for PLFs) had plenty of seats, north of 70% empty for most. Everything between 4-9 is doing well and some sellouts are likely. After 9, it’s a ghost town. There’s a 10:15 pm showing in a theater that seats 375 or so and no tickets have been sold for it. I’m guessing there will be 10-12% drop today due to the massive demand met so far and discount Tuesday prices.

10-12% drop would still be phenomenal. Its the drop tomorrow that will provide a perspective into how its run is going to be. sub 30% drop would be great.

If Endgame follows exact Infinity War drops it will be at 640-650m by the end of  Sunday. If Deadline’s prediction of 200m second weekend comes true (which I dont think it will), it will be at 680-690 by end of Sunday. 

Even with pessimistic drops of 10%, 35%, 10% and 60% weekend it still get to 610+. 600+ by Sunday looks locked which would still be 60m over TFA even without Christmas and New Years boost

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

If Endgame follows exact Infinity War drops it will be at 640-650m by the end of  Sunday. If Deadline’s prediction of 200m second weekend comes true (which I dont think it will), it will be at 680-690 by end of Sunday. 

Even with pessimistic drops of 10%, 35%, 10% and 60% weekend it still get to 610+. 600+ by Sunday looks locked which would still be 60m over TFA even without Christmas and New Years boost

Endgame is playing at an incredible level. Its impossible to sustain considering what it has burned so far. So it will see worse drops than IW at some point. We will know for sure with wednesday number.

18 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Endgame is playing at an incredible level. Its impossible to sustain considering what it has burned so far. So it will see worse drops than IW at some point. We will know for sure with wednesday number.

I find this logic to be backwards.  'Endgame can't make more than X, therefore its going to have big enough drops so that it makes less than X'.  But we'll know soon enough either way.

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Estimate soon?

Even if Charlie wants to take a rough early stab at things it will probably be a few more hours.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Just now, acetabulum said:

I wonder why Civil War had the lowest multiplier out of all the MCU movies.  It was a damn good movie worth repeated viewings, which you can't say for a good handful of some of the other ones.

I'll just speak for myself, but after watching that movie I had no desire to see my favorite characters torn apart and fight each other ever again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

Which is something I touched on a while back a couple of times.  Night shows during the week will absolutely be it's greatest weakness.  However, it's so strong every other time, it's not a big deal.  Maybe nobody is wanting to go so late, so they plan ahead and go earlier, so it's not losing out on anything? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, acetabulum said:

I wonder why Civil War had the lowest multiplier out of all the MCU movies.  It was a damn good movie worth repeated viewings, which you can't say for a good handful of some of the other ones.

Because it was very long and very boring? Thats just my opinion of course, you clearly disagree with that. But imo, the pacing in that film is just ... too slow. Also, hero vs hero isnt as appealing/fun as hero vs villain for many of the GA i could imagine.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, acetabulum said:

I loves me my Marvel movies, but CW was not a fun movie and therefore not one I'd pay a premium to see multiple times in a theater.  It also didn't tap into the 'gotta see what all the fuss is about' GA potential like BP.