Eric Atreides

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

Just now, Birdo Mandingo said:

Not so fast. TFA had one advantage that is not often mentioned. Cmas and New Years both landed on a Friday. This game a nice boost to both the 2nd and 3rd weekend. The last Jedi on the other hand was hurt because Both of those dates fell on a Saturday. 

All this to say. If EG does not win 2nd weekend it is because it is getting no special bonues.

Yep. We say mid to late December is the best spot of the year for movies, and that's true, but to break it down even further 2015 had the best calendar configuration for December, as did 2009 and as will 2020. 

Friday December 18 is probably the best day on the calendar ever to release a sure-fire tentpole film.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Unless Thursday ends up below 20M (would need some huge drops for that to happen) I can't see it not breaking the 2nd weekend record. 

Same here. Even if it's 20 based on Infinity War

Friday (102.9%)-40.58

Saturday (48.4%)-60.06

Sunday (-21.5%)- 47.15

2nd weekend: 147.79

Seems to me that's the floor with lots of drops the rest of the week and a muted Saturday increase (BP increased 65% and End Game reception has been better than IW close to BP)

2 hours ago, Brinatico said:

BP and FA have already make 40M on Monday each. 

If this one going to get all the attention need to get 41 at least 

Well they have a holiday + all kids out of school for FA. EG will see higher weekend bumps. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Rth says AUS Monday looking like 3.2m. About a 57.3%-57.9% drop from Sunday (couldn't exactly tell what Sunday number was on Numero's graph). Same drop DOM gives us around $38.06m-$38.57m for Monday.

Which sounds right based on his and Charlie's estimates. 

The similarity between the Australian and domestic market is uncanny. Do Monday drops typically match up?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Well they have a holiday + all kids out of school for FA. EG will see higher weekend bumps. 

Yeah he failed to mention that BP plummeted to 20.8 on Tuesday and again to 14.8 on Wednesday. Seriously doubt End Game goes anywhere near that low. Probably low 30ish then low 20s for Wednesday/Thursday. 

• Like 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

Yeah he failed to mention that BP plummeted to 20.8 on Tuesday and again to 14.8 on Wednesday. Seriously doubt End Game goes anywhere near that low. Probably low 30ish then low 20s for Wednesday/Thursday. 

Well I don't know, Tuesday might hold close to flat, it's discount Tuesday. Wednesday will drop pretty hard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Yep. We say mid to late December is the best spot of the year for movies, and that's true, but to break it down even further 2015 had the best calendar configuration for December, as did 2009 and as will 2020

Friday December 18 is probably the best day on the calendar ever to release a sure-fire tentpole film.

So you're saying Dec 18, 2020 is a great time to release a tent-pole ? 😉

7 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Well I don't know, Tuesday might hold close to flat, it's discount Tuesday. Wednesday will drop pretty hard.

Holding flat seems tough with lower ticket prices but do the theaters eat any of those costs? I think AMC pays a flat rate. If it was close to flat a 40% drop is low 20s. But Infinity War dropped 27.6%. seems hard to believe the Tuesday to Wednesday drop will be any higher.

Tuesday 10% drop is 34.2

Wednesday 28% drop is 24.6

Edited by cdsacken

6 minutes ago, pepsa said:

But if Monday is playing at close to full capacity then Tuesday will drop due to lower ticket prices. Wednesday otoh could in theory increase again. ;)

4 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

So you're saying Dec 18, 2020 is a great time to release a tent-pole ? 😉

Yes, exactly. It's the best date possible for Avatar 2 and I don't think it's a coincidence.

Just now, JB33 said:

Yes, exactly. It's the best date possible for Avatar 2 and I don't think it's a coincidence.

It's just curious how Avatar just happen to be at the best Dec spots in the best years possible (2009 & 2020).

Now watch USD plummet before Dec 2020😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

It's just curious how Avatar just happen to be at the best Dec spots in the best years possible (2009 & 2020).

Now watch USD plummet before Dec 2020😂

Global recession fears helps prevent that.