Eric Atreides

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

when a movie makes 2-2.2 in the sec weekend , well ......

Yeah of course, but China will support the film heavily this week, the coming weekend and after that ... not so much anymore. Some OS markets may be also very frontloaded, well see.

• Like 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

Yeah of course, but China will support the film heavily this week, the coming weekend and after that ... not so much anymore. Some OS markets may be also very frontloaded, well see.

we will but again lets say it does  2 billion by sunday thats 800+ (will probably do 2.1-2.2 by sunday though) , so by third weekend if we go with 2 by this sunday , we could have 2.4-2.5 by the third weekend .......but yeah i agree we will know more after this weekend

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

@Deep Wang can we get exclusively 2nd weekend pre-sales.

do you think that endgame can indeed make 180+(dom) for sec weekend  ? if so we will know if it can after we have dalie number through thursday ?

Edited by john2000

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

we will but again lets say it does  2 billion by sunday thats 800+ (will probably do 2.1-2.2 by sunday though) , so by third weekend if we go with 2 by this sunday , we could have 2.4-2.5 by the third weekend .......but yeah i agree we will know more after this weekend

I cant wait to see the holds, money- and percentage-wise. Every law of box office tells us that the film should see a big decline, but thus far the film shits on every law of box office, so who really knows?

Just now, Brainbug said:

I cant wait to see the holds, money- and percentage-wise. Every law of box office tells us that the film should see a big decline, but thus far the film shits on every law of box office, so who really knows?

agreed

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

do you think that endgame can indeed make 180+(dom) for sec weekend  ? if so we will know if it can after we have dalie number through thursday ?

Statistically

A:IW did 4.63x its Monday while A1 did 5.45x its Monday in second weekend. I think it will be bit lower than A:IW. So around 170-176mn.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

You couldn't live with your own underprediction ...

Where did that bring you? Back to me...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

2 billion in two weeks?!???!!!

Crazy. Insane. It had seemed that Avatar was going down but over two thirds there in two weeks?

Took avatar what like 45 days? Jesus that movie just never stopped making great money until the very very very end.

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

What do we think about today? I think staying flat is probably the best case scenario, the cheap tickets will have the opposite effect than normal when demand is this strong. 

Well I said 34 yesterday. It was even higher than I expected, spillover was crazy. I'll go with 33.