Eric Atreides

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

35 minutes ago, BK007 said:

You seem to always overpredict the numbers.

Does knowing that make any difference to your projections? 

I am the one under-predicting this weekend and yeah that made difference in Monday projection. :hahaha:

And ffs 1.02% off ain't that big deal. I am no Disney to give actuals.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1

33 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Fad of 2009 (Avatar) found dead in a ditch. These numbers are INSANE.

Could you guys please stop?  Try to appreciate these amazing numbers while not pointing to Avatar as a "fad" and found dead? I don't get how so many people are calling Jim gang to be banned from any thread while behaving significantly worse, you guys initiated most of these stuff, you know?

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Could you guys please stop?  Try to appreciate these amazing numbers while not pointing to Avatar as a "fad" and found dead? I don't get how so many people are calling Jim gang to be banned from any thread while behaving significantly worse, you guys initiated most of these stuff, you know?

More rather....Headshot should really stop. He keeps acting like everybody hated a James Cameron movie that happened to have a huge & historical box office run.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

15 minutes ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

Is it safe to say regarding Sunday that GoT had like zero impact? Or for someone who thinks it did, what would the movie have done with a clean sunday night?

it's just the fanboys who love to bring up GOT at any opportunity saying stuff like that. i remember back on BOM someone had a "the movies better watch out, there's gonna be low grossers this weekend thanks to the LOST finale!" thread. same deal.

Edited by CoolioD1

6 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

More rather....Headshot should really stop. He keeps acting like everybody hated a James Cameron movie that happened to have a huge & historical box office run.

He's not the only one though, in the weekend thread there were several saying similar things, which would actually be fine by me if this is a forum with that kind of freedom. However, then they turn around and call for Avatar gang to be banned, while these posts are simply far more vicious. And if they done the same to DC, that would be "initiating franchise war" and not be tolerated... the double standard.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Any chance when Monday's OS #s come in it's already Top 10 WW?

It's locked to finish top 9 after Monday OS update. 

37.6M DOM

125M OS

1,385.6B WW, ahead of BP and DH2.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

The AMC Dolby near me seats 242 people plus another 14 wheelchair accessible spaces. There are four showtimes today. Here are the sales so far:

The prime time (6-8 pm) showings on the other screens are all selling well. The morning, afternoon and 9 pm+ shows all have a high percentage of seats available for purchase except for the Liemax screen which is selling better but not as well as the Dolby screen.

1 hour ago, druv10 said:

It's locked to finish top 9 after Monday OS update. 

37.6M DOM

125M OS

1,385.6B WW, ahead of BP and DH2.

These numbers are pure insanity

May Day tomorrow so those O/S numbers are going to have another huge jump - totals  could be near 1.75b

Edit: Wrong O/S Monday numbers above so more like $1.6b +

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Astonished 4
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

These numbers are pure insanity

May Day tomorrow so those O/S numbers are going to have another huge jump - totals  could be near 1.75b

China alone could bring as much as $72M on May 1st. Topping 2B some point this weekend. Honestly from there I don't see how it misses Avatar WW!

25 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

He's not the only one though, in the weekend thread there were several saying similar things, which would actually be fine by me if this is a forum with that kind of freedom. However, then they turn around and call for Avatar gang to be banned, while these posts are simply far more vicious. And if they done the same to DC, that would be "initiating franchise war" and not be tolerated... the double standard.

Very true. I don’t think the users who are diehard Avatar & James Cameron-fans, deserve to be banned. They don’t. And for someone to expect them to be kicked out....that’s just low sinking.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HeadShot said:

Fad of 2009 (Avatar) found dead in a ditch. These numbers are INSANE.

You know it is possible to praise one film for its absolute bonkers numbers that are coming in right now without trying to denigrate a movie that had the record before concerning overall numbers. Avatar was far from a fad. It definitely benefited from 3D but you don't make the money that it made with it being a fad. The multiplier both domestically and internationally was absolutely crazy. I don't think that's a fad.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1