Eric Duncan

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

Heard a lot of people saying that they will see it during the week and more seeing over the weekend. Lots seeing it for their 2nd time. Pretty soon if you haven't seen this film you are going to look like a loser.

$1 billion domestic when? Mid-June?

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am being conservative here, assuming there were a lot of pre-sales. Using the usual ratio from Sunday to Monday, it would be 40-43mn and surprisingly, this film is playing close to latter so far.

But the safe number is 38-40.

And most schools are still in session.... 

13 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am being conservative here, assuming there were a lot of pre-sales. Using the usual ratio from Sunday to Monday,

I can (RIGHTFULLY) be accused of being a pretty jaded fellow at times.  When I saw the 350+ OW along with all of the reports of massive sales still happening in the tracking thread I can't say I was shocked at the idea of 38 or 39.  

An amazing sign of insane demand yet to be burned off yet, to be sure.  But I and others has been calling a massive Mon and Tue for weeks now.

That being said:

it would be 40-43mn and surprisingly, this film is playing close to latter so far.

tenor.gif?itemid=10603389

THAT'S a different forking story. :sarah:

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am being conservative here, assuming there were a lot of pre-sales. Using the usual ratio from Sunday to Monday, it would be 40-43mn and surprisingly, this film is playing close to latter so far.

Insane numbers. I know its unlikely but if it hits the top end of that range, that's $400M I'm just 4 days!!

Edited by stfletch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

If this beats the monday record on a normal monday...

So it looks like Infinity War is the only one on this list with a normal working Monday. The others, while not official holidays per se, had a large percentage of people off work/school (particularly TFA and RO).

TOP NON-HOLIDAY MONDAYS

Note: This chart only shows $8 million+ days, regardless of sorting.

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Single Day Gross Theaters Average Date / Days in Release Gross to Date* Final Gross*
1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $40,109,742 4,134 $9,702 12/21/15 4 $288.1 $936.7
2 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story BV $32,085,637 4,157 $7,718 12/26/16 11 $318.1 $532.2
3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $31,362,029 4,134 $7,586 12/28/15 11 $571.4 $936.7
4 Jurassic World Uni. $25,344,820 4,274 $5,930 6/15/15 4 $234.2 $652.3
5 Avengers: Infinity War BV $24,740,117 4,474 $5,530 4/30/18 4 $282.4 $678.8
  • Like 1

Strong sign imo that the weekend was pretty showtimes constrained and demand was there to pass 400M if they savaged the holdovers enough.  

Also the Monday actual will be 40.7, it is ordained.

22 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

KFk3Syk.gif

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$43M will put its overall domestic BO at $400M domestic in...4 days !

Insane !

few hours ago i was going with 36-38 trying stay conservative(over weekend conservative generally got me high end range :) ), but I could see how 40 or more could be achievable. It's just with presales so high, see how evening goes.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7
  • Astonished 17
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, RtheEnd said:

few hours ago i was going with 36-38 trying stay conservative(over weekend conservative generally got me high end range :) ), but I could see how 40 or more could be achievable. It's just with presales so high, see how evening goes.

This seems like a more realistic range.

• Like 1

@RtheEnd usually likes making predictions later in the evenings. Not doubting Charlie’s number but would be nice to hear from the original BOT god. With this movie, we can never be surprised though. I think anything is possible. I honestly wouldn’t be completely shocked with 45M at this point.