Eric Atreides

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Very true. I don’t think the users who are diehard Avatar & James Cameron-fans, deserve to be banned. They don’t. And for someone to expect them to be kicked out....that’s just low sinking.

The so-called "Jim Gang" may not deserve to be outright banned from the forum, but they should be called out when they incessantly and needlessly bring Cameron into every single thread. They seem to enjoy antagonizing people but then turn around and play the victim when they get the negative reaction they were looking for.

It's sad when a handful of users make a forum tedious to read due to their obsessive trolling on one subject. And it is pathetic that they are so defensive of Cameron's box office records that they simply can't stop acting out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

34 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I like Avatar's spectacular visuals (not its story) but I'm also looking forward to watching Avatar 2. I remember when I first watched Avatar I was in utter awe.

It's entirely possible Avatar will manage a generational leap. I hadn't watched it since the theater, but in prep for an upcoming Disneyworld trip, showed it to my 14 year old daughter a few months ago, and she was *hooked*, just crazy into it and wanted to watch it again and again.

We get to Disneyworld, and she is just gaga over AvatarLand. Has watched it several times since. Would have never predicted that, so can't rule out Avatar 2 and beyond finding their own audience without needing to rely on nostalgia (if they're well made).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

You know it is possible to praise one film for its absolute bonkers numbers that are coming in right now without trying to denigrate a movie that had the record before concerning overall numbers. Avatar was far from a fad. It definitely benefited from 3D but you don't make the money that it made with it being a fad. The multiplier both domestically and internationally was absolutely crazy. I don't think that's a fad.

You're right. The movie is very remembered and talked about to this day. It's the ultimate cinematic classic. 

25 minutes ago, baumer said:

I do want to see Teen Spirit just because of Elle Fanning. Besides Shailene Woodley I think she's the best young actress working right now.

I have to say: Elle Fanning is a really good & underrated young actress.

I really liked her in certain films like Super 8 & the original version of Ballerina (Leap).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

My forecast (kinda conservative I guess?)

34.1 (-7%)

24.6 (-28%)

22.3 (-9.5%)

41.3 (+85%)

59.9 (+45%)

44.9 (-25%)

146.1 2nd weekend

Why an 85% jump when AIW did 102.9%  (which was already greatly down from Avengers 135.8%)