Eric Atreides

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

46 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

How the hell is this happening? How is any of this even possible?

so when will we pass denial stage and move on to accepted stage :hahaha::hahaha:

Edited by GOXOG
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Hey man, pump the breaks. We’ve still got Anger, Bargaining, and Depression to enjoy first.

did we pass those when the OW estimate is 350,and the final comes out 600k short of 357.7:hahaha:

Edited by GOXOG
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Same.  Only with my Dad.

I was talking to mine, and he mentioned that our Disney Stock was up again.  I replied: "Well, End Game did make 350M this weekend."

And he said to me: "What are you talking about?"

Now, my Dad hates "funny books" and knows nothing about Marvel Studios.  He continued: "It made 1.2 BILLION."

I was like, 

:hahaha:

CNBC is clearly on top of this.

You had a chance to "#aksually" pops!!!

"Aksually, that was worldwide.  It did 350+ here in 'merica and Canada where the studio gets the mo...." 

Hope you took it. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1

So, if this hits $200M second weekend, I think Pikachu will be very overshadowed. All the media attention will be on EG, and I think lots of people who don't typically go to movies will opt to see EG over Pikachu. At this point, I am a bit worried about it. I think WB made a bad decision with their release date.

3 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

So, if this hits $200M second weekend, I think Pikachu will be very overshadowed. All the media attention will be on EG, and I think lots of people who don't typically go to movies will opt to see EG over Pikachu. At this point, I am a bit worried about it. I think WB made a bad decision with their release date.

It's OW is EG's third weekend.  Even if they thought EG would do 20% more than IW's 3rd weekend when they were setting the schedule, that would be thinking that it would be competing against around a 75m weekend.

They probably figured that they could compete against that.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

It was three weekends after EG's OW.  Even if they thought EG would do 20% more than IW's 3rd weekend, it'd be competing against around a 75m weekend.

I mean, before we start retroactively analyzing this it should be noted that the 200 million second weekend (which I agree is a problem for Pikachu) is still a significant "if" at this stage.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It's OW is EG's third weekend.  Even if they thought EG would do 20% more than IW's 3rd weekend when they were setting the schedule, that would be thinking that it would be competing against around a 75m weekend.

Still, if they expected to compete against a 70M weekend and they compete against a 105M weekend instead (not saying this will happen, but 🤷‍♂️) can’t imagine they’ll be too happy.

7 minutes ago, Menor said:

I mean, before we start retroactively analyzing this it should be noted that the 200 million second weekend (which I agree is a problem for Pikachu) is still a significant "if" at this stage.

We don't even need to retroactively analyze it, is my point.  What studio scheduler in their right mind would have forecasted the possibility of a 180-200m second weekend for EG when WB set the schedule for Pikachu?

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Still, if they expected to compete against a 70M weekend and they compete against a 105M weekend instead (not saying this will happen, but 🤷‍♂️) can’t imagine they’ll be too happy.

Oh, I presume that they were expecting to compete against something +/- IW's 3rd weekend (62m).  I was giving 75m (62 * 1.2 = 74.4) as what they might have imagined as a worst case scenario. Either from a nearly unthinkable opening week (307) or crazy legs/drops.

That 75 isn't remotely the worst case scenario right now from Pika's perspective just shows, IMO, that no one could have reasonably foreseen this possibility.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Oh, I presume that they were expecting to compete against something +/- IW's 3rd weekend (62m).  I was giving 75m (62 * 1.2 = 74.4) as what they might have imagined as a worst case scenario. Either from a nearly unthinkable opening week (307) or crazy legs/drops.

That 75 isn't remotely the worst case scenario right now from Pika's perspective just shows, IMO, that no one could have reasonably foreseen this possibility.

To be the very best, like no one ever was, you gotta beat the best. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1