Eric Duncan

Avengers: Endgame Tuesday Thread (4/30): 33.11M (3rd best Tuesday ever, 2nd best non-opening)

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

Don't really understand the lack of buzz for Long Shot. Good reviews, perfect counter-programming, big stars, decent trailer...

Seth Rogen isn't that big of a draw (Knocked Up, This is the End, and Neighbors are his only $100M+ grossers as a leading man) and Theron, while a great actress, has had little luck outside the action genre (hardly anyone saw her collaborations with Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody, unfortunately). It'll probably end with a similar gross as The Night Before.

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Do they have May 1 holiday? Also do you know the usual drops there?

I don't think NZ does. I saw on the OS thread they had a map and it was pretty much only US, Canada, Aus, NZ and a few others that don't have a May 1 holiday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Birdo Mandingo said:

I don't think NZ does. I saw on the OS thread they had a map and it was pretty much only US, Canada, Aus, NZ and a few others that don't have a May 1 holiday.

Ok thanks, then in that case it seems pretty good but idk how IW behaved.

12 minutes ago, Menor said:

Do they have May 1 holiday? Also do you know the usual drops there?

No holiday in Aus but I believe most theatres do have Discount Tuesday so it seems like a pretty decent drop.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I legit only found out yesterday that May 1 was a holiday in so many countries 

It’s a big international holiday in many countries. One of the biggest (if not biggest) reasons why Marvel been having the one week earlier OS release pattern for their May tentpoles.

May 1st is a holiday but depends on the countries, couple days before or after are also holidays, it’s a gold mine as far as release date go. 

Marvel has failed to get their movies approved for release in that time frame in China for years. To be able to get that this year, I think it was the biggest thing that went really right for Endgame OS.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

Do you guys think Marvel is just going to run with the last weekend of April slot from now on or was this just a two-off for both IW and EG? The first weekend of May has been a Marvel tradition for years and years and now.