Eric Atreides

Avengers: Endgame Tuesday Thread (4/30): 33.11M (3rd best Tuesday ever, 2nd best non-opening)

6 hours ago, IceFire9yt said:

32M is a harsher Tuesday drop than I was hoping for, but it was after a much better Monday hold than I was expecting, so I guess its perfectly balanced.

well i mean its not like we know the number for tuesday yet as of now it stand between 32-34,5

uups, nearly forgot why I opened the thread:

Tuesday reported hourly gross $25 M from 2680 locations (11:30pm est)

Avengers: Endgame is looking to make $70M on May.1 in China. First $400M level import film ever. $600M-plus lifetime gross is locked. $650M is possible.

'Avengers: Endgame' could earn $2.8BN worldwide by end of run

Box office titan Avengers: Endgame will blow away the competition in its second weekend en route to approximately $2bn worldwide, possibly rising to more than $2.8bn in its final global tally by mid-summer to rank as the second highest release of all time in real terms.

The Marvel Studios tentpole remains on course to end its second session on just over $600m in North America, around $900m from international markets excluding China, and some $528m in China itself. That adds up to a $1.428bn international haul including China, and a worldwide tally of $2.028bn by the end of Sunday.

By Tuesday Endgame had reached $1.343bn globally, $948.7m internationally including China on $349.1m, and $393.9m in North America. After only six days it already ranked as the tenth highest global release of all time on Monday, and on Tuesday it vaulted to number nine and possibly even eight, although that had not been confirmed by Disney sources at time of writing.

And there is much more to come for Endgame, according to calculations by Randy Greenberg, a Los Angeles-based former studio head of international and now an executive producer. If the tentpole stays in theatres through the end of June and box office drops off by a conservative 50% each weekend, the 22nd Marvel Studios release could end on approximately $850m in North America, $725m China, and $1.3bn internationally excluding China. Including China, international would settle on $2.025bn.

That results in a global haul of more than $2.8bn – a number of course that could go up or down depending on those weekend percentage drops, and how long Endgame remains in theatres. And while that final global gross forecast puts Endgame ahead of Avatar’s nominal final gross of $2.787bn achieved back in mid 2010, when the latter number is adjusted for inflation Avatar is confirmed as the highest grossing global release of all time in real terms on $3.25bn.

The final North American tally would rank second on the all-time roster behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which finished on an unadjusted $936.7m by late May 2016.

Endgame’s final overall international tally of $2.025bn would rank number two on the leaderboard behind Avatar on $2.027bn. It is worth noting that when adjusted for inflation, the international Avatar gross rises to roughly $2.36bn. The final China tally of $725m would be the biggest Hollywood release ever in the territory, and the second highest of all time behind Wolf Warrior 2.

Endgame’s powerhouse run began with an unprecedented $1bn global opening weekend, a new milestone that pushed The Walt Disney Studios releases past $1bn in North America, $2bn internationally, and $3bn worldwide in a potentially huge year that could see the studio’s films alone generate more than $10bn.

However, Greenberg predicted the box office fireworks will have deep ramifications for Hollywood.

“This raises the bar again. The down market effect will be an over-reliance on branded material, which is what all the production executives will be looking for because what everyone will want is that $1bn worldwide opening weekend,” he said. “$600-700m will no longer be big enough.

“The studios will be looking to the international departments to coordinate their international debuts even more than they already do so the global effect can achieve these results.”

I trust Gavin over that ... executive producer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

Dream big people, it will be at 3 billion

i would say that its not a dream anymore , more like best case scenario for now

Edited by john2000

Just now, john2000 said:

when we will have an update ?

Soon I imagine. It's 330am PST so I imagine another early estimate in a bit. I was just be silly in regards to the 3000 vs 600/900 bit to end game. No spoilers people no worries.

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Soon I imagine. It's 330am PST so I imagine another early estimate in a bit. I was just be silly in regards to the 3000 vs 600/900 bit to end game. No spoilers people no worries.

terrstial showed someone else post on twitter that said  Tuesday reported hourly gross $25 M from 2680 locations (11:30pm est) (so with around 1980 theaters left to report that mean we are looking at something like 35 ?) ( that report was 8 hours ago)

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Caveman Sam said:

Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat are holidays, Sunday is a working day. Should make good money Wed to Fri.

It's looking at about 70-75 million USD for Wednesday, close to matching it's opening day minus midnight numbers. 

Huge number, and 3 more days of holidays to go! Thu, Fri, Sat will continue to decrease as demand falls, but it's still going to be an epic 4 day number well above where most of us saw it!

We got a 1020pm EST  update on Monday, actuals increased 26%. Theater count wasn't included Monday but 2620 is a ridiculously low count so that doesn't help me. No idea honestly. I will stay with 32-34.5 for now.

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

We got a 1020pm EST  update on Monday, actuals increased 26%. Theater count wasn't included Monday but 2620 is a ridiculously low count so that doesn't help me. No idea honestly. I will stay with 32-34.5 for now.

its still a good sign i would say

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

The big Chinese movie the last predecessor that released today on Labor Day has a 4.8   Maoyan score which is horrendous 

avengers should clean up this week 

Indeed. On Pace to may hit 500m cny today. Absolutely insane. Way more than double US for Wednesday.

45 minutes ago, john2000 said:

terrstial showed someone else post on twitter that said  Tuesday reported hourly gross $25 M from 2680 locations (11:30pm est) (so with around 1980 theaters left to report that mean we are looking at something like 35 ?) ( that report was 8 hours ago)

not sure if or how far that includes presales of later hours.

Its a kind of snapshot at that time, but of what exact background / situation I am not sure about.

I post them so somebody with a bit more time / energy than I have for the moment might see a pattern that leads to: it includes this and that, but not.... and might mean it will end with %... $...

(the school I work for has a big party today (in the night and morning preparation, tomorrow normal work and helping clearing the part), and I am still building within our house with a friends helping me, so for a few days at least I am more lurking than following, if I find some quiet hour in between)

• Thanks 1

And while that final global gross forecast puts Endgame ahead of Avatar’s nominal final gross of $2.787bn achieved back in mid 2010, when the latter number is adjusted for inflation Avatar is confirmed as the highest grossing global release of all time in real terms on $3.25bn.

It is worth noting that when adjusted for inflation, the international Avatar gross rises to roughly $2.36bn.

Seriously, they're going to adjust for inflation but then not adjust for exchange rates differences - which are greater than inflation in most  countries ^_^

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Seriously, they're going to adjust for inflation but then not adjust for exchange rates differences - which are greater than inflation in most  countries ^_^

Maybe that site is run by some of our fellow Cameronites?

• Haha 8
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah, straight up inflation adjustment for international numbers is such a silly exercise. 

25 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They don't need to account for exchange rates. The numbers are the numbers converted to $ at the time of release.

It's what the studio effectively received when all the profits were imported to the US and $ conversions already taken into account.