Eric Duncan

Avengers: Endgame Tuesday Thread (4/30): 33.11M (3rd best Tuesday ever, 2nd best non-opening)

44 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Seriously, they're going to adjust for inflation but then not adjust for exchange rates differences - which are greater than inflation in most  countries ^_^

And how exactly they adjusted by inflation? Did they adjust country by country or just applied domestic inflation to WW numbers which is even dumber? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Updating my prediction with Charlie's Tuesday number:

1st Weekend: 357.12  

Mon 36.9  
  Tue 33.0  
  Wed 23.8  (-28%)
  Thu 22.1  (-7%)

Total Weekdays: 115.8  

Fri 41.98  (+90%)
    65.08  (+50%)
    48.81  (-25%)

2nd Weekend: 155.9  (-57%)

Total after 2nd WE: 628.74  
  • Like 1

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

Good thing being, the hourly numbers were back to normalcy on Tuesday, so we shall not have that big drop on Wednesday which I was thinking of after way too big Monday. 

That spillover effect.

9 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

And how exactly they adjusted by inflation? Did they adjust country by country or just applied domestic inflation to WW numbers which is even dumber? 

The latter. The lame way. 

On that note, the inflation and exchange rate adjusted Avatar will be $31mn Approx in India compared to $24mn Approx in 2009.

Just Exchange rate adjusted would be $15mn Approx.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, AndyK said:

They don't need to account for exchange rates. The numbers are the numbers converted to $ at the time of release.

It's what the studio effectively received when all the profits were imported to the US and $ conversions already taken into account.

By that rationale then they don't need to adjust for inflation b/c those aren't the $s the studio received at the time.

Moreover if they're doing inflation adjusted then Avatar wouldn't be #1 anyway

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

By that rationale then they don't need to adjust for inflation b/c those aren't the $s the studio received at the time.

Moreover if they're doing inflation adjusted then Avatar wouldn't be #1 anyway

Why not do worldwide admission count 😛

1. Avatar did bulk of its business in higher ticket price country compared to EG. Even Infinity War might be close competitor.

2. Avatar had ofcourse better exchange rate and is basically $2.35B at today's rate.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Age is like a wine. Until about 80 then it's like vinegar :D

Hubby this year: 65y... I'll show him your post :ph34r:(better not, he is already feeling a bit depressed about getting 65, he thinks that (65) particular number sounds more old than others:rolleyes:, as it was for many years the latest age for going into retirement here in Germany)

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

1. Avatar did bulk of its business in higher ticket price country compared to EG. Even Infinity War might be close competitor.

2. Avatar had ofcourse better exchange rate and is basically $2.35B at today's rate.

that shows what monster endgame is , especially if the movie hits 2.8 billion which i hope it does

And again someone started an Avatar comparison discussion.... to me it does get really old per repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, ....

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Updating my prediction with Charlie's Tuesday number:

1st Weekend: 357.12  

Mon 36.9  
  Tue 33.0  
  Wed 23.8  (-28%)
  Thu 22.1  (-7%)

Total Weekdays: 115.8  

Fri 41.98  (+90%)
    65.08  (+50%)
    48.81  (-25%)

2nd Weekend: 155.9  (-57%)

Total after 2nd WE: 628.74  

Too big of a drop for Wednesday imo (guessing of course. I will say 25.5% drop)

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Hubby this year: 65y... I'll show him your post :ph34r:(better not, he is already feeling a bit depressed about getting 65, he thinks that (65) particular number sounds more old than others:rolleyes:, as it was for many years the latest age for going into retirement here in Germany)

I can't wait for 65! Hoping to retire early and move to Europe after my daughter graduates college (will be 52). Thinking 59 for 25 retirement funding grind.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

But maybe there are more people going to the cinemas globally these days?

A couple of quick thoughts:

I know it's what we do here but does it really honestly matter which film had more admissions LOL? I mean really who cares? Infinity Wars, Avatar, and game, Titanic, the force awakens, return of the Jedi, they are all massively successful movies and who really cares which one sold the most tickets? we're here discussing money made at the box office and inflation and tickets sold And population and how many TVs were available and so on and so on that's just all window dressing. Dollars and cents that's what we truly discuss here.

And secondly, 33 million dollars on a Tuesday at the end of April it's just incredibly stupidly amazing LOL

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6