Eric Duncan

Avengers: Endgame Tuesday Thread (4/30): 33.11M (3rd best Tuesday ever, 2nd best non-opening)

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I can't wait for 65! Hoping to retire early and move to Europe after my daughter graduates college (will be 52). Thinking 59 for 25 retirement funding grind.

But if you would live in Europe (legally) whilst she attends the costly versions of school / university ... it would be free of cost, or? Not sure based on your nationality not being an European one.

Better check how that will be handled in the country you want to pick for your retirement:

They increased the retirement age here, I think its now 68 or so for men. Hubby is self-employed = no retirement money. I have to work for, I think, ~ 7 or 8 years from now, then I'll get mine (have to look into when female's retirement age and if I have to work over the age limit a bit for helping for a time my husband in his company).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeadShot said:

Yikes .. I wanted 40+ m Monday and Tuesday. Guess TFA dom record is safe.

Although I've always believed that the force awakens domestic number is safe, don't base it just yet off of weekday numbers. I think and games weekend numbers are going to be stronger then TFA obviously so it will be closer then we might think. I think it falls short by about 50 or 60 million but let's see what happens.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

But maybe there are more people going to the cinemas globally these days?

Yep no way of knowing if Avatar, LOTR or Harry Potter would automatically have their OS results boosted significantly due to the expansion of OS markets. 

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

Although I've always believed that the force awakens domestic number is safe, don't base it just yet off of weekday numbers. I think and games weekend numbers are going to be stronger then TFA obviously so it will be closer then we might think. I think it falls short by about 50 or 60 million but let's see what happens.

Crossing my fingers that it passes it ugh.

• Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

850 million is assured. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

It still feels weird to think that Avatar's WW record is in much more danger than TFA's DOM record but it's the truth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It still feels weird to think that Avatar's WW record is in much more danger than TFA's DOM record but it's the truth. 

It would have been in danger had the movie been released in December. Don't understand why disney refuses to release MCU movies during the holidays 

6 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Yikes .. I wanted 40+ m Monday and Tuesday. Guess TFA dom record is safe.

Youre ‘concern trolling’ is funny. Endgame might or might not cross 935 million domestic, but the fact it has a shot at 900+ million domestic is unbelievable. Going to enter into the all time top 10-15 adjusted for inflation chart. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeadShot said:

It would have been in danger had the movie been released in December. Don't understand why disney refuses to release MCU movies during the holidays 

Eh Star Wars needs the holidays much more than an Avengers film. 

EDIT: Can't believe I just wrote that sentence lol

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

bc force awakens overpermored so much, if endgame by its third weekend is  around 800-850 , and yes that can happen depending on where it will stand by sunday, then force awakens is down dom too

19 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

In Asian countries yes and that's where Avatar 2 gonna blast. In India, however its Hollywood that's grown, Bollywood is going down.

In West, not so much. Their markets are as big as they were in 90s. Titanic still holds record in many countries over Avatar in terms of admissions and very close or bigger in $s.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

Yawn

Beside distributors try to release nowadays ~ 5.5 times as many titles in the US cinemas than 20-30 years back (in my POV one of the reasons a slowburner is today more seldom than in the past) and more entertainment possibilities like pc-/XBox/whatever games, more streaming, more home-theater systems, more TV-stations, a shift of interest into more 'real' people (like sing contests.. not sure the word, more live people doing things like The Voice), ...

And then something here in dom a lot gets missed/forgotten:

local movies

There are a lot of countries where US based movies are nearly not / not in the top 10 all time, or for the reason of the discussion here, not in modern times. Tendency, depending on country: increasing.

Btw, another big diff is: in some countries the average ticket price (lc) is decreasing based on anti-3D movement. In others its increasing.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

It still is in danger. Don't understand why some here are already writing off the chance to beat TFA. It just needs the daily % changes of IW to do so.

At this point, there's no way this misses $850m domestic. By the end of Sunday, we will be looking at $625m at least. Even if it only matches IW exactly the rest of the way (currently running over 40% ahead day-to-day), then it hits $850m.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

But if you would live in Europe (legally) whilst she attends the costly versions of school / university ... it would be free of cost, or? Not sure based on your nationality not being an European one.

Better check how that will be handled in the country you want to pick for your retirement:

They increased the retirement age here, I think its now 68 or so for men. Hubby is self-employed = no retirement money. I have to work for, I think, ~ 7 or 8 years from now, then I'll get mine (have to look into when female's retirement age and if I have to work over the age limit a bit for helping for a time my husband in his company).

Problem though is my wife without contract work makes $100k less in er job and I make 40k less. We can't take a that big of a drop in pay.

College does suck cost wise. I'm saving 200k and expect to be able to afford 4 years of public (maybe)

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Ehh we wouldn’t have gotten a 357m OW in December, and Endgame wouldn’t have a full week of pretty much exclusive showtimes (there’d be legit 100m competition because I doubt Endgame would have Christmas to itself if no SW movie did).  There’s a trade off, the legs in December don’t automatically equal higher grosses because there’s a countering effect.

• Like 1